hops up in NM!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doog_Si_Reeb

Beer is Good. And stuff!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My 2nd year Cascade and Willamette hops are up and growing like crazy. I haven't been doing much as far as maintenance, other than trimming down a few of the first shoots. They are growing like weeds.

Cascade:
cascade.jpg

Willamette (notice the bine that's already at the top of the tomato cage!):
willamette.jpg

Unfortunately my first year hops are just barely peeking out of the ground. Hopefully they will get going soon.

Much better than mine, but two hot, sunny days have made a huge difference. Can't post anything as both of my SD card readers are dead.

I should have taken a picture of these things today. Both the Cascade and the Willamette, pictured above, now have bines that are ~7ft high. My first year hops on the other hand are still under one foot tall.

Planted my hops a little over a week ago here in SF. Hope they all make it, no signs of life yet and I had one not so healthy looking rhizome but I have faith in them all.

Planted my hops a little over a week ago here in SF. Hope they all make it, no signs of life yet and I had one not so healthy looking rhizome but I have faith in them all.

I planted 2 Mt Hood rhizomes and 2 Centennial rhizomes about a month ago. It took them a little over 2 weeks to peek out of the ground. Now they are growing pretty well, one bine was about 12" yesterday. Initially, I was concerned about the lack of shoots on both of them, but they both made their way up. I bet you will see yours popping up soon. Especially now that the ground is getting warmed up by the long sunny days.

Back