Hop Growing Forum. - Thanks TX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Good idea? Would you use a hop cultivation forum?

• Not for me but why not.

• Good idea I'd use it or read it.

• Nah, too many forums as it is.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I too would use a hop growing forum - I have plans for plantings and as noob hop farmer could really use a source like that and hopefully learn enough to where I could contribute. Planning on planting Cascade, Willamette, Summit (if I can find...) and maybe Nugget.

Joe Dragon said:
I’m absolutely in. Between harvesting yeast and growing hops we’ll be nearly self supportive. Can’t see doing malts at a buck a pound but hops- hell yes…..3 clams an ounce = $48 a pound. Time for a couple grape vines to meet their maker to make room for the hop-vines.

View attachment 4456
Orfy<<<<<<<<<<< Jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<jealous!!!!!!!!!!></jealous!!!!!!!!!!>

I asked a few questions about growing hops in Wisconsin a while back and there seemed to be several interested (or already growing). My OM has hops and wants to plant more, and I'm thinking I could do with less mowing so I'm deciding where I'm going to put my trellises. I'm considering putting in Willamette and Mt. Hood...American hybrids of some European favorites.

Someone mentioned the different challenges presented in different regions of the US (and the world, I suppose)...but I don't know that I'd break everything up into sub-forums based on location. Perhaps some sticky topics would suit that.

I will add it this afternoon. Need to clean up the forum lists a little as there are some forums that don't get enough activity to merit them being a forum.

I have tossed around the idea of growing hops. It would be a great learning source on this forum. I vote yes!!:rockin:

TxBrew said:
I will add it this afternoon. Need to clean up the forum lists a little as there are some forums that don't get enough activity to merit them being a forum.

Woot!

Thanks!

Does anyone know what size coir twine is used for hop growing? I cannot find the answer anywhere.

I asked a few questions about growing hops in Wisconsin a while back and there seemed to be several interested (or already growing). My OM has hops and wants to plant more, and I'm thinking I could do with less mowing so I'm deciding where I'm going to put my trellises. I'm considering putting in Willamette and Mt. Hood...American hybrids of some European favorites.

Someone mentioned the different challenges presented in different regions of the US (and the world, I suppose)...but I don't know that I'd break everything up into sub-forums based on location. Perhaps some sticky topics would suit that.

Digging up an old thread but did you have any success with hop growing in De Pere? I have a trellis I could possibly use if my wife opts against flowers and thinking about giving it a try next spring. It wouldn't be any big operation, just whatever I could do with a trellis.

Latest posts

Back