Frugally farming fuggles on five acres of french finery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

etienne-wolfe

Reaction score
Naff nonsensical rhyming aside, what I mean to say is.... It looks like I've got my hands on the use of five acres of Land in mid france which I intend to be my entrance to the micro brewery world.... Im just saying because I have the owners permission to turn it into a commune type thing and may be able to charge the odd campers for putting up tents... Anyway... If you happen to be in the area between march and september then drop by... Camp for free and let's talk hops

I will be honest, I thought you were saying you had 5 acres of land you planned to turn into a fuggle farm.

I think he was throwing out an invite to roving hippies and Beer trash to come and squat in France. :D

Robar said:
I think he was throwing out an invite to roving hippies and Beer trash to come and squat in France. :D

Indeed I am.... I'll be paying rent on tho squat tho... Beer trash are not invited..... Pleasant alcoholic hop heads are. I have a few folks lined up but the more the merrier. Musos and writers would fit in perfect because I'm hoping to put some gigs on over the season

Rhumbline said:
It's a mythical place... you clink two beer mugs together three times while saying "There's no plant like hops, there's no plant like hops, there's no plant like hops"

It's a small town called charassat... It's the only place in France with that name so google brings it up.... I'm researching the region to make sure the climate is feasible but I don't see why not... We're Gunna have guitar jams etc.... Apparently the wine is super cheap... Like the equivalent of one euro a bottle if purchased in bulk... Should be fun

My wife and I are buying her deceased parents farmhouse in France, and along with the house we get around 6 acres of farmland. We plan to semi retire there in a few years and have a brewpub/rib joint. My BIL is the farmer, he already grows 2 row barley for beer, now I'm trying to convince him to let us use part of our acreage for some Cascade hops and suitable European varieties.

It's a small town called charassat... It's the only place in France with that name so google brings it up.... I'm researching the region to make sure the climate is feasible but I don't see why not... We're Gunna have guitar jams etc.... Apparently the wine is super cheap... Like the equivalent of one euro a bottle if purchased in bulk... Should be fun

Nice, it looks like it could be a good base camp for exploring the area by motorcycle.

Good luck with it, and you may see me in a few years.

Rhumbline said:
Nice, it looks like it could be a good base camp for exploring the area by motorcycle.

That sounds great corckybstewart... If you happen to be in the area then drop by... A neighbouring farm has unused acreage I could have at my disposal.

I just used the word frugal for purposes of alliteration.... Good word tho : )

Yeah, rhumbline.... I'll be putting the word out in the biker circles. I know a few guys that run clubs so I could maybe even get an event on if I can find some loopholes or bylaws applicable to the region.... Pleasant bike clubs.... The kind that look like drug running murders but actually have origami evenings

Rhumbline said:

Yeah rhumbline... I know a couple of people that run some local clubs here so could maybe get a biker event if I can find some loopholes or bylaws applicable in the region....

Corkybstewart... I can get my hands on some unused acreage at a nearby farm.... If you're in the region in march feel free to drop by....

Frugal was used for purposes of alliteration.... Good word tho : )

My wife and I are buying her deceased parents farmhouse in France, and along with the house we get around 6 acres of farmland. We plan to semi retire there in a few years and have a brewpub/rib joint. My BIL is the farmer, he already grows 2 row barley for beer, now I'm trying to convince him to let us use part of our acreage for some Cascade hops and suitable European varieties.

OK, now you are on my list of people I envy.

Back