Backyard Brewshed - the beginnings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haberdasher

Reaction score
I'm moving a little fast...

My 1st beer ever was a 1.090 Belgian Tripel (DME, but started with a full boil, yeast starters, and other good stuff
My 2nd beer ever was an AG (Denny Conn's Rye IPA) (and my 3rd, and my 5th... man that beer is awesome)
My 2nd brew ever was my first into a keg - I was already tired of bottling, and already had a kegerator for commercial craft brews - so I changed it over to ball lock
I replaced the burner on my SP-10 frame with a BG-12 and cut the windscreen to raise it up.
My 2nd batch was also the the first to use my DIY 50ft IC and pre-chiller and first into my DIY fermentation chamber (stc-1000)
My 4th batch ever was my first 10 gallon batch in my DIY keggle.

This site has been such a wealth of information.

Here are some pics of my brewshed -- it was there when we bought the house - I think it's 10X14. It's drywalled, somewhat insulated, and air-conditioned. It's also run for 220V... I see mucho electricity in my future. It was a crapshed and storage unit for awhile, but my wife helped me clean it out and donate a bunch of stuff to make room to make it pretty singular use.

My "brew stand" is still a little rough.... (that's not how it sits when brewing, but not too far off...)

My marriage would be over as well as my liver cause I would never leave that awesome place! All you need is the big screen tv with a lazy boy recliner than your living like a boss!!!

Yeah that's pretty sick, if there were some way to get electricity over there and build an indoor brew rig I'd be set!

It's already run for 220v... which is making my budget that much more frustrating

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Home Brew mobile app

nice! once the ground is defrosted me and my pops are pouring a slab to start my brew shed!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Home Brew mobile app

A man could get used to living in a shed like that. Well done.

Funny you should say - when our realtor showed us the house a few years ago, the family living in it had outgrown it, and the older teenage son was living in the shed.
Thus the insulation/ drywall finish out, and seals around the doors. He had two big LCD tv's hung in there, one as a computer monitor --- I'm sure ONLY to do his homework.:drunk:

I just got my scoresheets back from Bluebonnett Brewoff and the fourth batch of beer I ever brewed in my life (referenced in the first post) scored a 34/50!

(!)

I'm more than pleased. This was my first 10gallon batch (in which I became aware of some flaws in my process that weren't apparent at 5g)
Also, this was my first time using a mash tun (Previously, my AG brews... erm, all 2 of them, were BIAB) and my first time using my DIY keggle...
So it was basically a beta test.

I'll take it!

Back