Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Software available

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 11:39 PM   #61
PacificNWBrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default BrewDay

I just spent the last couple months learning to program Android apps after years of professional web development, and of course my initial project was a brewing app. It provides a batch sparge calculator, a boil timer with configurable alarms, a notes/summary page that can be emailed, and handles both imperial and metric units. I was trying to cover the functionality that I had previously used several tools for on my laptop. My contribution to Android brewing apps (install for free!) is called BrewDay and is available via Google Play. Feel free to check it out and feedback is very welcome.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2013, 01:49 PM   #62
brewers-assistant
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Brewers-Assistant is a free (no trials, or recipe amount limits) web-app for creating and managing homebrew recipes. You can try the recipe designer feature in the preview mode at

https://www.brewers-assistant.com/RecipeDesign.

Since it's a web-app there's nothing to install or maintain. Note that since the site features rich and interactive user interface it requires a relatively modern computer (probably anything made withing the last 4-5 years should do though) and modern browsers (Chrome, FF, IE8+, 9 preferred) .We're currently working on a feature that will allow adding multiple ingredients at once, instead of one-by-one. For the full functionality (saving, brewing, hop schedule timers, scheduling, brewday notifications, etc), you'll need to create an account.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:09 PM   #63
Paschendale
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Home Brew Calculators

I have downloaded an android app called Home Brew Calculators, by Ghost Chili Software. Has anybody used this? It seems pretty comprehensive to me, but I'm a noob and could be wrong. I ran it on my latest batch of cider and got slightly different results from my manual abv calculation, but I am uncertain if that was due to my ignorance or the fact that it was cider, not beer, or if it was the software. I appreciate the input here on different free software (the open source ones) that I will check into. Any tips on freeware android apps worth trying?

"When these things happen, everybody always says 'These things happen', and that's why they happen." - Mrs. Marcus

Old 05-11-2013, 08:21 AM   #64
Nico93
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 12

this is another software: http://brewplus.blogspot.it/

i think is very good! but for the moment is only in italian (english as soon as possible)

Old 06-26-2013, 04:24 AM   #65
c1377
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
I also was able to get Beersmith running under Wine, so that's another option for those of you who use Linux.
BeerSmith2 is available for linux... but I haven't been able to get it to work within a live distro environment.

BUuUuUUuUURRrrRpppPpPhhPhphph. <----homebrew

Old 06-26-2013, 01:36 PM   #66
fugazzi
Recipes 

Just started using BrewR for my last brew. It's an Android app that I'm using on my tablet. It has a hop schedule timer as well.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:05 AM   #67
ocluke
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrybrewer View Post
Brewer's Friend can do this.
http://www.brewersfriend.com/
Why isn't Brewer's Friend on the list? It has got to be one of the more capable and actively supported options out there.
larrybrewer Likes This 
Old 07-03-2013, 05:05 AM   #68
larrybrewer
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocluke View Post
Why isn't Brewer's Friend on the list? It has got to be one of the more capable and actively supported options out there.
I PM'd Orfy about getting added several months ago, but I can see why he might have ignored my shameless plug. The list was started back in 2007 and is out of date by now. It needs to be spruced up or a new thread started IMHO.

Thank you for the mention!

Old 07-03-2013, 03:38 PM   #69
Pappers_
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 902 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrybrewer View Post
I PM'd Orfy about getting added several months ago, but I can see why he might have ignored my shameless plug. The list was started back in 2007 and is out of date by now. It needs to be spruced up or a new thread started IMHO.

Thank you for the mention!
Feel free to PM any additions, I can add them to Orfy's list. I'll add Brewer's Friend to the list now.

Old 07-03-2013, 03:51 PM   #70
Pappers_
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 902 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewers-assistant View Post
Brewers-Assistant is a free (no trials, or recipe amount limits) web-app for creating and managing homebrew recipes. You can try the recipe designer feature in the preview mode at

https://www.brewers-assistant.com/RecipeDesign.

Since it's a web-app there's nothing to install or maintain. Note that since the site features rich and interactive user interface it requires a relatively modern computer (probably anything made withing the last 4-5 years should do though) and modern browsers (Chrome, FF, IE8+, 9 preferred) .We're currently working on a feature that will allow adding multiple ingredients at once, instead of one-by-one. For the full functionality (saving, brewing, hop schedule timers, scheduling, brewday notifications, etc), you'll need to create an account.

I also added Brewers Assistant to the list on the opening post of this thread.

Quick Reply