Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Newbie need help setting up Brewtarget

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2011, 02:26 PM   #1
tieflyer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Newbie need help setting up Brewtarget

Ok, I have a 7.5 Keggle and an 11 gallon igloo cooler setup.

I want to setup the mash as a single infusion mase, 60 minutes at 150f. How do I do it?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2011, 08:26 PM   #2
Suthrncomfrt1884
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 3

A 7.5 gallon kettle is going to be cutting it extremely close with an all grain batch. You'll have to watch the entire boil.

As for how to mash...I suggest taking a look at this site. http://howtobrew.com/section3/index.html

There's a lot that goes into it, and it's pretty hard to explain everything in one post.

Another HERMS rig...

Old 04-18-2011, 10:26 PM   #3
mikfire
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 20

To set up the equipment, click the kettle looking icon in the menu bar. This will open the equipment editor. You can use this to set up the volumes of your kit, evaporation rate, etc.

You can create a mash by selecting the Mash tab and clicking "Edit mash". This will let you name the mash and set some basic parameters. Follow the standard description for setting up the different mash parameters and the batch sparge. Then just click "Save mash".

The sequence of actions is best described in About => Manual. Scroll down to the "Making a mash" section.

No brew plan survives contact with Murphy

Old 04-19-2011, 12:10 AM   #4
Suthrncomfrt1884
Recipes 

My fault...I didn't realize this was a brewing program. Your picture shows up as a red X, so I thought you needed help figuring out how to mash at 150F for an hour.

Another HERMS rig...

Old 04-19-2011, 11:37 AM   #5
tieflyer
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suthrncomfrt1884 View Post
My fault...I didn't realize this was a brewing program. Your picture shows up as a red X, so I thought you needed help figuring out how to mash at 150F for an hour.
not sure why my pic does not appear correctly but I have used the keggle for 5 gallon batchs before, just haven't used brew target to get brew day instructions before so I was just trying to set it up.

Thanks for the reply's

Old 04-19-2011, 01:26 PM   #6
jetmac
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by suthrncomfrt1884 View Post
my fault...i didn't realize this was a brewing program. Your picture shows up as a red x, so i thought you needed help figuring out how to mash at 150f for an hour.
rofl :d:d:d:d Being posted in the "Software" forum should have been your first clue. LOL!!

Wayne Gretzky-"100% of the shots you don't take, don't go in

Revvy>>You shouldn't worry about ANYTHING, you didn't hurt the yeast, they know what they need to do, they want to eat all that sugar they are swimming around in. They want to pee alcohol and fart co2, it's their nature.

Bobby_M>>I flood the keg with CO2 for one minute with the lid off, rack the beer in to the bottom gently, seal it, flood it, vent it. If there's still O2 in there after that, F it.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:05 PM   #7
Suthrncomfrt1884
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetmac View Post
rofl :d:d:d:d Being posted in the "Software" forum should have been your first clue. LOL!!
Good point. I don't actually search threads by forum though. I use the "unanswered threads" link at the top of the page to find posts that haven't been commented on yet. It does show me what forum is was posted in, but it's not as obvious.

Another HERMS rig...

Quick Reply