Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > American Ale > Multiple - "Old Bog Road" Brown Ale (Pm or Extract w/grain)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2008, 02:14 AM   #11
rossrainey
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

One last question. I'm brewing this with out the special roast, but my question is about the secondary fermentation. I know secondary is controversial, but is it necessary or can I primary for 4 weeks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2008, 12:35 AM   #12
Prionburger
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm tasting a sample 3 weeks after brewing. It's almost done carbonating in the bottle, and it tastes fantastic! The dextrin malt helps a great deal with head retention. I'll update when it's done aging. Thanks for the recipe! I'll definitely do it again.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:57 PM   #13
Roasty
Recipes 

This came out quite well for me. Not too malty..a very easy drinker. Had too many new year's eve, in fact.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:07 PM   #14
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2711 Times on 1629 Posts
Likes Given: 3484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roasty View Post
This came out quite well for me. Not too malty..a very easy drinker. Had too many new year's eve, in fact.
Oh great...Thanks for brewing it. Glad you liked it...

I've been enjoying the smoked and the oaked smoked version of this that I brewed awhile back.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 11-04-2009, 02:23 AM   #15
ChickenSoop
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

This is very tasty. I made the extract version, and it reaches maturity at about 10-12 weeks after bottling. Biscuit with a hint of chocolate and the hop bitterness in the background.

Now that I switched to all grain, I'll have to try this again next year.

Old 11-08-2009, 01:57 PM   #16
NTOLERANCE
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Looks like a great recipe. Should be good for the impending winter nites. I am getting started on my winter brews, and will definetly add this to my list.

Why did ya call it, Old Bog Road?

They call him easy.....easy brewer.....

Old 11-08-2009, 02:07 PM   #17
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTOLERANCE View Post

Why did ya call it, Old Bog Road?
I was dating an irish woman at the time I came up with the recipe. And it kid of reminds me of Bog roads in Ireland. especially with the small amount of smoked malt it in.

The title comes from this traditional Irish song.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 11-11-2009, 11:32 PM   #18
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenSoop View Post
This is very tasty. I made the extract version, and it reaches maturity at about 10-12 weeks after bottling. Biscuit with a hint of chocolate and the hop bitterness in the background.

Now that I switched to all grain, I'll have to try this again next year.
I'm so glad you liked it. I just noticed you had posted a few weeks ago, sorry for ignoring you.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:14 PM   #19
bovinejony
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Hey Revvy, Just brewed the AG version of this recipe and must say the smell of the special B/choco/Victory is delicious. My wife walked in the door and said the whole apartment smelled like pumpkin/almonds (which made me smile). Looking forward to having this be a solid autumn/winter beer for all to enjoy.

Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:20 PM   #20
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bovinejony View Post
Hey Revvy, Just brewed the AG version of this recipe and must say the smell of the special B/choco/Victory is delicious. My wife walked in the door and said the whole apartment smelled like pumpkin/almonds (which made me smile). Looking forward to having this be a solid autumn/winter beer for all to enjoy.

Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Thanks for brewing it. I haven't touched it in awhile. Maybe I'm due for another brew of it as well.

Quick Reply