Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > American Ale > Extract - 15 Minute Cascade Pale Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 04:08 AM   #191
chemdoc
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Just got around to trying a bottle from a batch I brewed up with Belma and Cascades. Dryhopped with both. It sat in fermenter for about four weeks, then three weeks in bottle. Turned out to be a very nice beer. The Belma doesn't really come through very much. Mostly smell and taste the Cascade, but still a Good session beer. Think I'll try some Amarillo in the next batch.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2013, 01:39 AM   #192
jauntyjoe
Recipes 

Likes Given: 3

It's been 11 days since I brewed this up, and I just took a gravity reading. Inside, it looks like it still has krausen on top, kinda like a marshmallow crust consistency, gravity reading is 1.030, OG was 1.054. Stuck fermentation?

Working on web programming and home brewing!
(SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION!)
www.lucky113brewery.byethost31.com

Old 03-22-2013, 11:10 AM   #193
sweed
Recipes 

Liked 110 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jauntyjoe View Post
It's been 11 days since I brewed this up, and I just took a gravity reading. Inside, it looks like it still has krausen on top, kinda like a marshmallow crust consistency, gravity reading is 1.030, OG was 1.054. Stuck fermentation?
You know what, I just dry hopped after 10 days on Tuesday, and it looks like it kicked off again. The air locked looked fine for days, but now it's active. Not crazy but once or twice a minute. I probably should have waited 2 weeks, but I wanted to get this bottled this weekend to be ready to pop a bottle on Easter. My OG was higher also at 1.068 I believe.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:34 PM   #194
PuppetmanInBC
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaGoalie View Post
Just opened a bottle after 8 days conditioning - BOOM! This version is my best yet. Great hop flavor, great body, awesome orange/coriander notes. It's a winner!
I made this, and opened a bottle a few nights ago, and found the flavours overly bitter, and had a strange after-taste.

I used 1 oz of bitter orange peel, and 1-oz of fresh peel, and 1 oz of coriander.

Maybe more time in the bottle.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:22 AM   #195
sweed
Recipes 

I just bottled this. FG of 1.013. My OG was a bit higher (on purpose) of 1.068 I believe. So it's a bit more alcohol than I wanted. Smell and taste are already great, it's so smooth. I did lose about a gallon from yeast and trub, holy cow I was not expecting that much. But, I did bottle 23 bombers, so that'll last a while. The color is very nice, a light copper. My pic/ tester was the last from the bottling bucket, so it's got a bunch of yeast and other stuff still in there, so a bit cloudy, but it'll def clear up. I'll try this out probably on Saturday, and drink some on Sunday.

forumrunner_20130325_202206.png

Old 03-28-2013, 02:50 AM   #196
rideincircles
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Ended up making it to the 2nd round of bluebonnet with my citrade pale ale. Basically this recipe but dryhopped with citra and used BRY-97 yeast. The scores were 42 and 38 first round from novice judges and 36's for the second round from certified judges.

Upping the malt characteristics and adding more hops were the main two comments. It was also cloudy, but not dinged for that.

Overall, this is one of my favorites I have brewed and will make this frequently or variations of it to keep rotation in my kegs once I get that setup. Running low on bottles now.

Started brewing February 2012:
All grain and partial mash brewer depending on time. Meads and apfelwein also.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:25 PM   #197
sweed
Recipes 

So I didn't last long, but I needed it after my last hearing with the ex. Took the rest of the day off.
Only bottled for 3 days, but already good, more hoppy than I thought it would be. But it sure blends in nice. It'll probably be better, but I can drink these all day. Except mine turned into 7.2% lol.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:26 PM   #198
sweed
Recipes 

Forgot to add pic, and it wouldn't let me edit it in.

forumrunner_20130328_142609.png

Old 03-28-2013, 10:51 PM   #199
Olive Drab
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I gave this a crack yesterday and pitched 1056. I have high hopes for this one!

Old 03-29-2013, 03:49 AM   #200
HarkinBanks
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Just brewed the original version with whole fresh cascades from freshops. I have to say the simplicity and speed of my brew night was amazing. Under two hours with cleanup. If this comes out great I will certainly add it to my pipeline. 6 hr all grain days are harder and harder to come by. I will also try a pliny hop combo if this comes out tasting good. I haven't made an extract brew in ages. Thanks for the original recipe!

6th Street Brewing Company

Quick Reply