Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Light Hybrid Beer > All-Grain - Miller Lite (Really Triple Hopped)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2013, 01:51 AM   #691
smagic14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts

Whats your fermentation temperarure schedule like for this?

have it at 62°F right now (3days in) and was wondering if I should keep it like this through the secondary as well?

Thanks

Yea Mr White, Yea Science!

Good thing the Badgers play at 11 so I don't feel bad having a drink at 8AM

You can't drink all Day if you don't start early!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2013, 01:54 AM   #692
Fuzzymittenbrewing
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1230 Times on 870 Posts
Likes Given: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by smagic14 View Post
Whats your fermentation temperarure schedule like for this?

have it at 62°F right now (3days in) and was wondering if I should keep it like this through the secondary as well?

Thanks
Mine was at about 65 all the way through

Old 11-08-2013, 04:28 AM   #693
krk
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlenkerla View Post
Well, regarding;

1. Bottle with 5oz by wt of corn sugar......

2. Drink when thirsty.
I'm going to brew this recipe as in OP. This will be my 1st AG. I've had great success with Mr. Beer and then Brewers Best extract kits.

I will bottle

I've read this complete thread and now completely understand the process except:

1. What is the prefered method of adding the 5oz of corn sugar at bottling?

2. How long should I store bottles at fermented temp. before moving to the frig. and how long in frig. for the best tasting beer?

This thread has been a fun read. Thanks everybody!

Old 11-08-2013, 02:54 PM   #694
Schlenkerla

Recipes 

Liked 86 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Bulk prime, by boiling the 5 oz by weight of sugar with a cup or so maybe two of water. Add the boiled sugar water to a bottling bucket. Rack your beer to the bottling bucket. Stir gently during the tracking process, then bottle.

Then keep the bottled beer at fermentation temps for 4 weeks. Refrigerate two bottles, drink when cold, decide if it's carbonated enough when you drink it. If not, wait a few weeks longer and repeat.

BS Nano-Brewery

Primary: SNPA Clone, Apfelwein
2ndary: Empty
Drinking: Dead Ringer IPA, Ma Duece (50 caliber) - Malt Liquor, Cranberry Wheat
Next: Cali-Common, American Amber, Smoked to Helles

|Myeast 50327|Easy Hop Oast|Smoked Homebrew|

Old 11-08-2013, 03:36 PM   #695
krk
Recipes 

Thank you!!!!!!!!

Old 11-10-2013, 10:29 AM   #696
shadows69
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Just my 2 cents. I find 5 oz of corn sugar is to much when storing bottles for a long period of time. I get over carbed bottles. Being this is a lighter beer I would think more like 4 oz of corn sugar. Of course if I would just drink them faster I would not have this problem. Also, when you boil the corn sugar, let it cool for a little before adding it to the bottle bucket.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:48 PM   #697
Schlenkerla

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows69 View Post
Just my 2 cents. I find 5 oz of corn sugar is to much when storing bottles for a long period of time. I get over carbed bottles. Being this is a lighter beer I would think more like 4 oz of corn sugar. Of course if I would just drink them faster I would not have this problem. Also, when you boil the corn sugar, let it cool for a little before adding it to the bottle bucket.
I have always used 5 oz by weight of corn sugar. If you use table sugar it will be different.

You have to weigh out the sugar to be accurate. Not to mention, done fermenting.

This link will help you dial in carbonation.
http://hbd.org/cgi-bin/recipator/recipator/carbonation.html

BS Nano-Brewery

Old 11-24-2013, 01:52 PM   #698
overtonbrew
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I've read through 300 of the nearly 700 posts on this thread and haven't seen anyone bring up the issue I think I'm going to have when I take a shot at this beer, so sorry if this is a repeated question...

I still bottle condition my beer (hopefully for not much longer. Im hoping I will start kegging in 2014). In the meantime, are there any specific instructions for bottle conditioning. I'm afraid of adding my standard 5oz of corn sugar to the bottling bucket with this beer the way I do with my other beers (IPAs, scotch ales and stouts). I'm afraid the sugar will somehow effect the taste.

I'm wondering if I shouldn't simply cut the secondary (w/ AE) down a few days and transfer to bottle and let the final AE-induced activity do the carbonating.

Thanks

Old 11-24-2013, 01:56 PM   #699
DrWill
Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by overtonbrew
I've read through 300 of the nearly 700 posts on this thread and haven't seen anyone bring up the issue I think I'm going to have when I take a shot at this beer, so sorry if this is a repeated question...

I still bottle condition my beer (hopefully for not much longer. Im hoping I will start kegging in 2014). In the meantime, are there any specific instructions for bottle conditioning. I'm afraid of adding my standard 5g of corn sugar to the bottling bucket with this beer the way I do with my other beers (IPAs, scotch ales and stouts). I'm afraid the sugar will somehow effect the taste.

I'm wondering if I shouldn't simply cut the secondary (w/ AE) down a few days and transfer to bottle and let the final AE-induced activity do the carbonating.

Thanks
I think this is a fair question. With a brew this light, anything you do is going to impact flavour to some degree. That said, I think the impact from priming sugar would be minimal. The alternative you suggest is certainly possible but might be unpredictable. (Although bottle conditioning is fraught by its very nature)

Old 11-24-2013, 03:10 PM   #700
Schlenkerla

Recipes 

If you use corn sugar at the quantity of 1 oz per gallon you will make perfectly good beer. The beer is fermenting dry and the sugar has a very high percentage of fermentability. The only thing you need to do is let it age long enough to carb and not be too young tasting. Like i said, about four to six weeks is pretty standard.

BS Nano-Brewery

Quick Reply