Yep... another bar build.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nucmed24

Reaction score
So, after drooling all over my laptop the past few months, I decided it was time to have my own bar. So what was once my office, is now the "bar room". Pictures of the build are below. :mug:

IMG_0057JPG2.jpg

And the building begins!

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

I decided to move it out to the garage to stain it...

I was back and forth about what to do with the top. I have a friend that has a concrete countertop business (does AMAZING work) and thought I would use him. Check out his website... Agitated Aggregate. He can ship anywhere.

IMG_0111JPG2.jpg

Here is a pic of the lower top in the pour...

IMG_0146JPG2.jpg

My friend knows that I am a HUGE Pearl Jam fan. I've been to many many concerts, have traveled to see them, etc. So he surprised me and had one of their logo's acid etched into the top. I was VERY happy!

IMG_0147JPG2.jpg

As you can see, I had him recess the drip tray. Very clean looking...

IMG_0148JPG2.jpg

I wired it so I can plug in both kegerator and wine cooler. Also put a plug up top for our margarita maker. (aka blender)

IMG_0265.jpg

Decided to router thin steel brackets to hold up the top. The top will be glued to the brackets.

IMG_0267.jpg

The top gets put on!

IMG_0279.jpg

I decided since my buddy surprised me with a Pearl Jam logo for the bottom, I would have him acid etch something in the top as well...

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

And the (nearly) finished product. (I say nearly because I have an LED light strip I will add in the upcoming week.)

I am very happy with how this turned out. A special thanks to brrman for all of his help, answering what he must think was a million questions. :cross:

dude!! the bar turned out fantastic! The concrete counter top really sets it off. It's a nice sleek design, very contemporary.

Your friend does really good work. I want concrete in my kitchen when we remodel next year. perhaps I'll look him up.

Thanks, guys. Yes I am super happy with how it turned out. I am so glad I went with the concrete countertops. Now I just need to get some bar stools! :)

Looks great...as others have said the counter top came out really well (especially the etching). I also really like how the wood stain goes against the floor--dunno if this was planned or not but it came out great either way :mug:

Any idea what something like that would cost to a standard customer?

Sorry... just saw your post. It is lighter than standard concrete...it has to do with the material used, of which I am no expert. The top piece was able to be carried in with one person, under the arm. The lower took two people (one on each end). I would estimate the lower weighing approximately 100#.

As far as cost? I guess it would depend on what you would want. Any questions, feel free to contact the guy that made mine (Kelly) at his website. http://www.agitatedaggregate.com

I have decided to have him make me concrete bar stools as well, with an welded iron base. Haven't worked out exactly how they will look yet tho...

Looks great...as others have said the counter top came out really well (especially the etching). I also really like how the wood stain goes against the floor--dunno if this was planned or not but it came out great either way :mug:

Thanks. It actually was on purpose. I went through 3 different stains before I came up with something I thought went best with the floor.

So nice! I love the concrete top. Are you adding a foot rest?

I'm back and forth on this. I like the link that barneygrumble posted above. When I do get the bar stools done, I figure I'll see what they look like and decide then.

Here's an updated pic of the bar. I have bar stools (not the custom molded ones I want, but eventually). I have beer on tap, a TV on the wall... what more can one ask for! :rockin:

IMG_2165_zps95496f6a.jpg

IMG_2164_zps4c6bce3c.jpg

Love the colors of the wood and the counter tops, they both work really well together ans also with the color of the walls etc. That's how I'd love my bar to look like!

Back