Scrub Master 3000 Version 2.0

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for resurrecting and old thread but I came across this thread a while ago and I finally got around to building mine. Unfortunately, in my area, I could only find all of the pieces in 1/2" PVC, hence the Scrubmaster 1500.... Hopefully this will put out enough velocity to do the trick. I found a rotating spray ball for cheap and I have done enough attachments to connect to my kegs, quick connect on my kettle valve and CFC. I am almost looking forward to cleaning them now......or at least sitting back with a beverage and watching the SM1500 do my work for me.

I noticed one poster mentioned using the non-foaming Star San but I din't see anyone offer their experience with that. I have a 5 gallon bucket that I filled with RO water for my Star San that I use and I was thinking of doing the same thing with Saniclean for use in the SM1500.

Does anyone use their scrubmaster with Saniclean to sanitize kegs before use?

Cheers

Sometimes I use a diluted bleach solution to sanitize buckets and carboys. Would that damage the pump? Could I just flush it with plain water afterwards to prevent damage?

Thanks for sharing this. Cleaning has always sucked for me, but I think this will help a great deal. My pump is ordered and I dry-fit my manifold today. Between this cleaner and the kegerator tips I have been picking up, I am getting excited about getting back into brewing.

I hate being this late to the party, but glad I finally showed up. Thanks again!

Thanks for sharing this. Cleaning has always sucked for me, but I think this will help a great deal. My pump is ordered and I dry-fit my manifold today. Between this cleaner and the kegerator tips I have been picking up, I am getting excited about getting back into brewing.

I hate being this late to the party, but glad I finally showed up. Thanks again!

I think you will be happy with it. I have been using mine for nearly 4 years now. No problems at all. I will say that I have sprayed water all over my shop a few time by forgetting to unplug the pump from the outlet strip and flipping on the outlet strip. It certainly will "wake you up" if you do that.

I think you will be happy with it. I have been using mine for nearly 4 years now. No problems at all. I will say that I have sprayed water all over my shop a few time by forgetting to unplug the pump from the outlet strip and flipping on the outlet strip. It certainly will "wake you up" if you do that.
LOL. I am sure I will do it myself. I got my pump this morning and am messing with it now.

If you don’t mind, how much solution do you use with it at a time? Have you come up with a standard amount over the years that you start with? I apologize if you posted already and I missed it.

Regards,
Mike

I use home made PBW and typically use about 1 scoop per 3 gallons of water. I really don't know why I use that amount but it works and I'm sticking with it.

I just built one of these per OP design, anyone else have issues with the pump tipping over? It seems to want to constantly flip on its side

I just built one of these per OP design, anyone else have issues with the pump tipping over? It seems to want to constantly flip on its side
Turn down the pressure on the return if its tipping away from it. Otherwise, what are you using to support your kegs/carboys/what not that you are cleaning?

I have mine setting in a tub. I bought 2 cheap metal covered grates (I think they were actually sold as metal shelving). slide the metal shelves up to the tube and secure with a couple of spring clamps. The kegs, etc set over the tube from the pump and sit nicely on the shelving. No tipping problem.

I'm in the middle of cleaning the entire assembly because it's developed a mildew looking problem. Anyone else running into this, or did I just get unlucky? I always run clean water through to rinse until the water is clean coming out the reaso hose.

I'm in the middle of cleaning the entire assembly because it's developed a mildew looking problem. Anyone else running into this, or did I just get unlucky? I always run clean water through to rinse until the water is clean coming out the reaso hose.

How was it stored after the last use, ( besides "wet", is my guess...)?

How was it stored after the last use, ( besides "wet", is my guess...)?
Same as it has for months, as much water drained as can easily come out.

I did use warm water the last couple cleanings, so perhaps that contributed.

Hopefully a 24 hour soak for the pump and manifold in diversol, followed by a long flush, pbw cycle, flush and finally starsan will take care of it.

Here's a picture of the manifold dry fit. Note that the black piece shown is part of the pump and not a part bought separately:
dryfit.jpg

I have been planning to build this for a while...
Can someone kindly provide part description for that black elbow? There are 3 on the manifold in the picture above. Thanks!

Whatever type matches the OP’s build. If I stray from those instructions, I fear I will have to adjust for whatever those changes might be, getting myself in trouble.
My guess is 3/4” male thread to 3/8” barb, elbow. I just don’t know what to call the part when I go shopping for it. Cheers.

Last edited:
Whatever type marches the OP’s build. If I stray from those instructions, I fear I will have to adjust for whatever those changes might be, getting myself in trouble.
My guess is 3/4” male thread to 3/8” barb, elbow. I just don’t know what to call the part when I go shopping for it. Cheers.

Follow the link I gave.......The site has "tutorials" to help you figure out the size.
You mentioned 3/4".......That's normally garden hose size.

Does a garden hose fit where you're starting from?

@Stealthcruiser I don’t have any of the parts yet. Besides pump, Rubbermaid tote, and a SS CIP ball (1/2” female thread, not part of original build). Anyway, my prediction of 3/4” based on the size of the pvc caps OP has prescribed. Which fit in same port as those black elbows I’m asking about.

Back