I recently treated myself to a Monster Mill MM2 for Giftmas, and opted out of the factory hopper (for the time being). In lieu of $30/$40 for this attachment, I figured I would mount the mill on the underside of the factory base and use a trashcan or similar with a hole cut in the bottom. My new hardware arrived today, and after playing with it for a few, realized I will be needing a way to direct my grain into the roller gap. This is my yet to be tested solution.
^The unboxing. The main assembly if massive.
^At any other time in my life I would have been more than happy to cut myself a base board for this, however living in an apartment has it's limitations...routing being one of them.
^Today we use salvaged aluminum panel from a server chassis. The base board was used as a template for screw hole placement and sheet sizing. Somewhat of a mistake as the baseboard screw holes themselves were not well placed in the board. Enlarging the holes took care of alignment issues.
^Material removed using a large jeweler's saw.
^Edges filed and clean....
^It's hard to see, but I cut inward 1/2" on either side of each panel on what was measured to be the inside of the mill frame. I am using the vise as a straight edge to bend against.
^Bend angle was estimated and only needed a slight adjustment later on.
^Here we are again, with the same sheet of enameled aluminum, measured out and ready for chopping. Same set of tools will be used for these, with the addition of a wrench used in place of my caliper (it's around here somewhere...)
^Mounting holes drilled
^Voila. Should be sufficient so long as I don't need to adjust the gap of these rollers. I'll tackle that when needed.