New to Kegging Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bakersbrew

Reaction score
Completely new to kegging and I have a question - what is the best way to deal with having two serving pressures? I ask because I am about to keg a beer in a week and force carbonate. A week after that another beer is ready to be force carbed. So do I need another Co2 tank to force carb the second beer while my other beer is at serving pressure? Is there an easier way? Ive included a picture of my current setup

innards.jpg

Nope, no need for two tanks. Just get a dual-regulator with your tank. This will allow two different pressures to be run from your tank. One for serving, one for carbing. You can then split those if you wanted to. For example, I have a 2-way regulator with a 4-way splitter. This allows up to four beers to be run from the serving pressure while another keg is carbing up.

Nope, no need for two tanks. Just get a dual-regulator with your tank. This will allow two different pressures to be run from your tank. One for serving, one for carbing. You can then split those if you wanted to. For example, I have a 2-way regulator with a 4-way splitter. This allows up to four beers to be run from the serving pressure while another keg is carbing up.

But it might be good to have two tanks anyway. My CO2 tank has gone empty at invariably the worst time. Now I'm prepared!

I use the dual body regulator and a manifold. I have 2 at serving pressure, and one either forcecarbing or at a different pressure.

Alternatively you can just get a splitter or manifold, and using a single regulator you can force carb at the serving pressure of the other kegs. This is actually the preference of many people. If you hook up an uncarbed keg at 12-13 psi, it should be carbed in around a week.

I agree with Kenche, you can carb your beer at serving pressure easily. I would use a dual gauge regulator. But to allow yourself to have two different pressures a dual body regulator CO2 Regulators would be more effecient than a second CO2 tank although a back up is always nice to have.

I use my 20oz paintball tank as a backup. Not enough to carb and serve multipal kegs, but enough to maintain them while i get the 5lb filled.

I usually have 2 serving on my split regulator, 1 forcecarbing, or served at a different pressure, and one on deck aging.

I think we have the same keezer, looks like the 7.4CF Magic Chef.

i am going to make a splitter today with an in line regulator on the second output to control my serving keg, while upping the main pressure for carbing. its a LOT cheaper than buying another secondary regulator.

Back