New Fermenter - 13 Gal Vittles Vault with Better Bottle Racking Valve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

autobaun70

Reaction score
Picked it up tonight, and 5 minutes of drilling later it is complete. Just have to get a bit of sicker residue off of the top. It even came with a little scooper, which I think will be ideal for measuring out hops on the scale. Based on my my eyeballing of it's fit in my fermenting fridge, I think I may have room for a pair to fit side by side on the top shelf. If not I can fit it plus a pair of better bottles.

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

I have one of those. I thought about using it to store grains, but never thought about using it to ferment in.

Nice, I use these as well as fermenters. Although I don't use the racking port as I rack to secondary and keg using CO2.

I used one for 2 batches. WAY too hard to carry. Use it for grain now...

I filled it up with water, not bad to lift, but I don't want to carry it any distance. Thankfully my fermentation chamber is about 10 feet from where I brew. I plan on filling directly from the kettle while it is sitting on a furniture dolly.

If I had to carry it into the house it would be a whole different story.

looks like these are affordable as well..$40 + S&H

thanks for that..

That's the same thing as mine. I paid 42.99 at Petsmart locally, and the local brew shop was able to order the racking valve/adapter for me. With the racking adapter, stopper, and air lock I have exactly $78.00 in it.

Back