my 1-to-3 tap conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how did you attach the box to the top of the tower?

I'd cut a few inches off the tower if it were mine, but otherwise it looks great!

@RC0032 - I cut a hole in the bottom of the box that was the same diameter of the tower, it's sitting on the small platform that i built out of wood.

@ mrnate - few inches off the top of the tower? make the tower smaller or the box smaller?

Sorry, I meant make the tower shorter, not make the box smaller! It was just looking a little ET to me at first glance.

Sorry, I meant make the tower shorter, not make the box smaller! It was just looking a little ET to me at first glance.

An ET shaped kegerator??? That is an idea!

Add an automated voice message system to it so that every time you pull the taps it says "ET foam home" or something similar. Where does my mind go sometimes...:cross:

What size are all the holes? I want to build this and I need to order the faucets but that's going to be after the new year. I wanted to build this on my vacation :)

Thanks again for the great idea!!

What size are all the holes? I want to build this and I need to order the faucets but that's going to be after the new year. I wanted to build this on my vacation :)

Thanks again for the great idea!!

Large hole - 76.5mm
Small holes - 28mm

Any thoughts on mold growing on the wood on the inside?

I was down at the C02 store today looking over his wears and mentioned that I was going to build something like the OP has and his only issue was mold growing on the inside of the box and cooling for inside the box.

i have it coated with mold-proof (or so they say) paint. i may actually fill the box with spray foam...

on the cooling, here is an idea from an earlier post in this thread. i "borrowed" the blower idea and now have the taps at a decent temperature.

i have it coated with mold-proof (or so they say) paint. i may actually fill the box with spray foam...

I wouldn't fill the box with foam, if the nut on the back of the shank comes loose, it will be a big pia to fix. (The faucet and handle will rotate side to side if that happens.)

I wouldn't fill the box with foam, if the nut on the back of the shank comes loose, it will be a big pia to fix. (The faucet and handle will rotate side to side if that happens.)

agreed... i found it much easier and as effective using the pink siding foam instead.

Back