Low pressure Banjo burner power

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrianL

Reaction score
After alot of thread reading, it sounds like if I want to run a 10 psi regulator on my brewstand w/automation my only choice for pilot flame safety is the expensive and difficult to find Baso h19 valve. (correct me if I'm wrong)

So, I'm considering converting my banjo burners to low pressure and using one of the Honeywell soleniod/gas valves.

Will the banjor burners still have good power at low pressure? Anyone know how long it takes to heat up 5-6 gallons of strike water with this set up?

If you want to make use of that Basso or Honeywell valve you need a propane regulator that will drop the propane pressure to 11 WC or about 0.5 PSI. Your 10 PSI regulator will not work for this application. You will need something like this Marshall Gas Controls Low Pressure Regulator which is rated at 11 WC. The regulator is rated up to 140,000 BTU. I use natural gas at about 0.5 psi and have no problems. I can't imagine you having a problem with hundreds of Brutus 10 systems out there using low pressure propane to brew 10 gallon batches or better.

41lRYGgZqeL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I'll go with the low pressure route.

My intial plan was to use 20 psi regulators and I'm all the way down to 1/2 psi...pretty drastic change.

Those suckers must through out a ridiculous amount of heat at 20 psi!

Back