Kegerator selection display

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usafbeach

Reaction score
I'm stuck in an apartment, but one day have delusions of setting up a multi-tap kegerator in a man-cave. Ideally I'd like to convert a chest freezer to house several kegs with taps on top. Pretty straightforward.

But for some fanciness, I'd like to display stats about the brews being served on a screen somewhere either mounted to the wall or affixed to the top of the chest by the taps. Name/type of beer, ABV, notes, etc...

I've seen others use the chalkboard paint to display this info and I think that looks great, but I'd rather go for a hi-tech solution like a computer display or photo frame or something, but less obtrusive. A display like an iPad mounted to the wall behind the taps might look nice, but is obviously that's overkill if I'm just trying to display a static image.

Any ideas?

Hmm, maybe something like this? http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/usb-gadgets/bfa3/

bfa3_mimo_mini_usb_monitor.jpg

Birthday gift idea down the road for SWMBO anyway...

I think I saw one where a guy bought a few digital frames (getting pretty cheap these days, maybe $50) and installed a couple above his taps. Then you'd just have to generate the picture you want and save it to an SD card that you could move to the frame.

Back