Help naming my rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ohio-Ed

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Alright, I know it's kinda silly but I'm struggling with a name for my rig.
I'm not real creative with this stuff (as you can tell by my user name ;) ), so I'm looking for a little help from those of you that are.

I'm working on a drawing I can take to a local sign shop to have vinyl labels made for my control panel (same as Diatonic's) and would like to include a "Name" label while I'm at it.

There are certainly no plans to have this copy righted or anything, but I'd like to avoid stepping one someone else's.

I'd like something that sounds like it could be a "real" product but a play on words would be cool.

About the rig:
All electric, 3 vessel, Single tier, 2 pump, RIMs, BCS-460 controlled

Some names that are in my head (let me know if these are already used, which may be why they're in my head :D ):

BrewMatic
AcraBrew
PrecisaBrew

Well, hopefully you get the idea...

Thanks,
Ed

I usually tent towards Hollywood: BrewZilla, Brewinator, FermentinStein, Brewbarella, etc.

You could stick with simple: BrewEd (get it, brew Ed?),

Or twisted: Liva Killa 3000, Brewelzebub,

Or Nerd Mode: C2H5OH, Illudium Q-36 E.S.M.,

It's hard to know until you brew on it. The first time mine lit up my wife looked at all the numeric displays and indicator lights and called it HAL. The name stuck. Sometimes when I'm trying to mash a 10 gallon Pliny clone, I can almost hear it say.. "I can't do that Dave". I just go with a moniker, not necessarily functionally related.

How about;
Brewtopia
Brewtus Buckeye
Brewtality
Accubrew or....
Brewtallica :rockin:

How about;

Brew-O-Matic (I kinda like this... is this a product out there somewhere?)
-or-
Automated Brew Rig Control System (ABRICONS)
-or-
Automated Brew Control System (ABCS)

Now you see why I'm looking for input...

Thanks everybody for your input and suggestions.

SWMBO walked by, looked at the list and said "BAM". I thought one jumped out at her, but she kept walking and never said anymore. She said it again later, and I asked what she was talking about. She said "Brew-A-Matic, you know... BAM".

So, I'm off to the sign shop tomorrow. If anybody sees a problem with "Brew-A-Matic", please speak up.

Thanks,
Ed

Thanks for all your input. Here is what I ended up with:

IMG_3324.jpg

IMG_3329.jpg

IMG_3330.jpg

IMG_3335.jpg

IMG_3338.jpg

Wow that was fast! Looks really good!

Dropped off the drawing about noon. Took the panel so they could see where the lettering was going. Went back about 4:30 to pickup the lettering and just had them install since I still had the panel with me... I was shocked.

Thanks.

Wow... that looks great! What sign shop did it, how did they do the lettering and if you don't mind how much did it cost? I've been struggling to get lettering on my panel and have cheezy label tape now. I'd love that option if it wasn't too high $$.

Wow... that looks great! What sign shop did it, how did they do the lettering and if you don't mind how much did it cost? I've been struggling to get lettering on my panel and have cheezy label tape now. I'd love that option if it wasn't too high $$.

Thank you.

A local Fastsigns, which is a sign shop chain did the work. The lettering is cut vinyl. Each letter is individually cut from self adhesive sheet vinyl. They apply a masking sheet over the lettering so it can be aligned and installed in one piece.

The lettering was $30 and since I had the panel with me I let them do the install (they charged me $10 for the install). I also had them cut a complete extra set of letters in the "waste" area, which they did for no extra cost.

Ed! The panel looks fantastic! Good to see another panel with vinyl signage :D

Thank you for your help with this.
I was not as creative as you were with the colors, but I'm happy with it.

There is plenty of room at the bottom of the panel, if I ever decide to add anything else. Hmmm... I bet a "HomeBrewTalk.com" sticker might even fit.

That box is sweet! If you have another laying around, i'll buy it.:D

Why did I chose carpentry over electrical engineering? Then I could have an awesome panel, with no place to brew.

That box is sweet! If you have another laying around, i'll buy it.:D

Why did I chose carpentry over electrical engineering? Then I could have an awesome panel, with no place to brew.

Ed that looks fantastic.

Thanks, guys I appreciate it.

I got the box from a HBT User (sorry, no more laying around). It's a 16x16 "Console" (slant top) Hoffman box. It appeared to be unused (no holes in it), but was scratched up and had a bit of surface rust. I cut most of the back out, punched holes in the top, sanded, primed and painted it (Rustoleum spray-bomb). I think it'll do.

Ed

Latest posts

Back