Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > The great stainless single tier begins!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2011, 12:00 AM   #1
doctorsbro
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default The great stainless single tier begins!

I have been doing alot of research on bre stand designs and i have finalized the design. This week i will be cutting and forming all of the parts for the top. I will be using .105(12 gauge) 316 stainless sheet for all of the parts for the top. I will be bending them at work on a cnc press brake so they will be very precise and easy to fit when i weld it all together this weekend. The legs and frame will be made with 1.5"x1.5"x .125"(11 gauge) wall 304 stainless tubing. the front panel is sitting at a machine shop in town to be laser cut to cut the letters out, if its not done by thursday im going to go pick it up and just form the part and then etch the letters into the panel after its polished via a vinyl sticker with letter cutouts and sandblasting creating a textured surface where the letters are.

I have never brewed any beer in my life but have come very interested in the process, my brother is the one that brews and im the one that fabricates so i guess all works out, brewstand for him.... beer for me! Well heres a quick sketch in paintbrush of my design, the burners will have polished stainless grates filling the areas where the keggles will sit. Let me know what you think, i will be posting up more pictures all week.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2011, 12:03 AM   #2
doctorsbro
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

48"x120"x 12 gauge 316 stainless sheet, sorry for the crappy pic, stupid cell phone camera. I will have better pictures up using my digital camera

Old 03-29-2011, 01:13 AM   #3
ctb6760
Recipes 

this looks like it is going to turn out great, can't wait to see it complete

Old 03-29-2011, 04:27 AM   #4
J-Malone
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

subscribed! This looks great!

On Tap: Berlinner Weiss (still...lol), Dickson County Pale, Evil Twin Clone (Hoppy Amber)

Fermenting: McFearless IPA (Apollo/Summit Hop Monster!)

Cold Conditioning: English Pale Ale (Yorkshire Square yeast)

In the queue: Munich Helles, Standard American Lager (My Fizzy, yella beer try), APA (10g split batch using diff yeast), ABA (Hoppy 7-8%, Imperial Janets Brown??? maybe), Saison (using WLP670 American Farmhouse), Terrapin Hop Karma Brown IPA Clone

Old 03-29-2011, 01:37 PM   #5
camiller
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I would swim across the river to see that! Thank goodness there are bridges though...

Are you involved with one of the brew clubs in the area?

Old 03-29-2011, 02:08 PM   #6
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 912 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 26

You had me at CNC press brake. Sometimes I hate being a corporate desk jockey.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?
cddire Likes This 
Old 03-29-2011, 09:29 PM   #7
doctorsbro
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by camiller View Post
I would swim across the river to see that! Thank goodness there are bridges though...

Are you involved with one of the brew clubs in the area?
No im not actually, my brother is in the Ames/Des moines iowa area, not sure which one though

Old 03-29-2011, 09:39 PM   #8
doctorsbro
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M View Post
You had me at CNC press brake. Sometimes I hate being a corporate desk jockey.
Lol yeah i dont think i could handle sitting behind a desk all day. Probably my favorite machine in metal working is running a cnc press brake, we have 13 of them where i work ranging from 6'-16' and 50-365 ton with a wide array of tooling. e also have cnc punch presses and access to the laser but they have removed the computer that holds the cad programs to draw any "home projects" so those machines are off limits.... buttheads....

Today i got all of the parts cut on the shear so tomorrow i will bend all of them and also have to cut the 11" holes in the burner windscreen pans. Over the weekend im going to assemble the frame and the top. I also have take the windsreens and lay out and center punch all of the holes for the burner height adjustment and also cut out the notch for the burner. I would drill the holes but having 48 holes @ 5/16", and it being stainless steel i will take them down and have them punched on an iron worker punch press, i dont feel like burning up $50 of my carbide drill bits drilling them, stainless is terrible to drill.... After all of the holes are done i will have them roll them into rings and then weld the ends together and then weld them to the bottom of the burner windscreen pans. I have alot of work ahead of me but im making progress....

Old 03-29-2011, 09:40 PM   #9
doctorsbro
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

also id like to add, in my picture i labeled the area "keg storage area" i meant keggle storage area for when the brewstand is being stored

Old 03-29-2011, 09:42 PM   #10
BendBrewer
Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorsbro View Post
also id like to add, in my picture i labeled the area "keg storage area" i meant keggle storage area for when the brestand is being stored
Yeah, I store mine on the burners. Gets crowded down there.

Quick Reply