Dry Erase Board alternative (fridge door)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoviBlonde

Reaction score
Is there a cheaper alternative to using a dry erase board for the inside part of the door in a kegerator? For some reason they're all like $40 here. Why do people use these, not just to take notes right? It's for insulation and to keep condensation in?

If there's a cheaper solution that's a common material at the hardware store, please let me know. I don't need to write on it.

And what should the thickness be?

Would any of these work? (cut down to the right size)
link 1
link 2

Thanks.

What about plexi-glass? All you really need is something smooth and plastic...

...that's what she said.

I have used 1/8" tile board panels for large dry erase boards at work. It comes in 4' x 8' sheets for around $12 at lowes and home depot.

If you leave the dry erase on too long you may have to use windex to clean it up, but it's super cheap and easy to replace.

I went to Home Depot and picked up a sheet of plastic that looked like corrugated cardboard but made out of white plastic. It was cheaper than plexiglass. Home Depot has it listed online as Plaskolite Corrugated Plastic Sheet .

Back