Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > 50's record player cabinet turned conditioning cabinet

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2013, 07:15 PM   #1
vogtenstein222
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts

Default 50's record player cabinet turned conditioning cabinet

SWMBO managed to snag an old (guessing 50's -60's era) Sears phono cabinet. She's kind of a hipster, except we don't have records around the house. So I asked, and she said sure. These are the start, plenty of work to do yet, but I needed somewhere dark to condition.

Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of the insides in its old glory. But here's the outside.

image-3654512127.jpg

The plan is to insulate it (I've actually got that half done now but because it perfectly fits 2 lengthwise or 3 width wise, I have to mod it a bit more for the insulation to fit and not lose too much storage.) and eventually I plan to strip a mini fridge and rebuild the inside of the cabinet to make it a ferm chamber instead.

And the inside.
image-35118259.jpg

The speakers are actually still intact on each side. Those will get pulled eventually as it is the perfect size for a corny keg on each side. I'll be able to ferment in the middle and run two kegs to a top mounted double tap. That won't happen until I go all grain though.
I also am going to have my dad help a bit with it. He's a pretty good wood carver so my buddy is going to draw the logo on the top of the cabinet and my dads gonna relief carve it. (Think the Sons of Anarchy "church" table, but beer)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2013, 07:20 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2712 Times on 1630 Posts
Likes Given: 3484

Reminds me of the guy that made a keezer out of an old radio.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply