Micro-brew Mecca

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
San Diego
- Good beer
- Great weather
- Lots of other stuff to do, places to eat or to just sit around looking at the scenery.

I'd stay in the Mission Beach area, as it's pretty central and well, it's on the beach.

The only issue with San Diego is how spread out it is and the almost utter lack of public transportation. For example, Stone Brewery and Ballast Point are about a 40 min drive away from each other, but still are still in the same county.

Funny, I was just there for business/pleasure and went to those breweries in the same day. I went to Ballast first and it was more my style. Smaller and more personal but both were awesome. Oh, and I stayed in Mission Beach.

I can think of at least 3 breweries and several more pubs all within walking distance of the ferry dock.

Maybe, but they aren't all great places.

If you take a city and name the ten best places for beer and then look at how clustered they are, Seattle is going to look very spread out.

By your logic London, with two pubs on every block, is the Mecca. You better really like Fuller's and Young's beers though.

What if the group of people going are hop-heads? Only like Belgium's? Want to drink mostly porters/stouts? I think the beer mecca for each of these will be different.

Back