I had a mission tonight...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_bird

10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
When I sat down on the 'puter, I had a mission.

I was to find a picture of a monkey, wearing a pirate costuse, with a parrot on his shoulder. 'Twas to be used for my new brewery logo (which has not yet been named, but may be "Lost In The Harbor").

So, to guffaws from SWMBO, I found this...

pirate_monkey_03.gif

By a HUGE co-incidence, the initials of the artist... are exactly the same as mine.

Just thought I would share...

Weird. It is your destiny. :D

I have an artist friend who will design a bar and brewery logo for $250. He is a starving artist so I don't mind paying him the cash. He's giving me a 2 for 1 deal, so I'm happy. Does great work--I'll share when the time comes.

Dude said:
Weird. It is your destiny. :D

I have an artist friend who will design a bar and brewery logo for $250. He is a starving artist so I don't mind paying him the cash. He's giving me a 2 for 1 deal, so I'm happy. Does great work--I'll share when the time comes.

Make sure you own the rights and have exclusive use.

Red dot those eyes and you have Satan's Pirate Monkey-Brewer, with his carnivorous tropical bird from the 7th level, "Parrotus Putridicus". AKA "Birdsh$% in yer eye Pete"....

:drunk:

Go with it. :rockin:

Ize

That's a cool monkey. I've got the idea in my head for mine, but translating it to paper is proving difficult

If I hadn't found that pic, I was going to post and beg anyone with (or without) artistic talent to draw me basically exactly what it is. It's exactly what I was looking for. God, the 'net is f*cking awesome.

the_bird said:
If I hadn't found that pic, I was going to post and beg anyone with (or without) artistic talent to draw me basically exactly what it is. It's exactly what I was looking for. God, the 'net is f*cking awesome.

Exactly what I thought when I found the Jack Skeleton Jolly Roger for my AV. This one might stay for a while.

Ize

Walker-san said:
I wonder if we can reverse engineer the Chairman's real name....?
Scott 'Crabmeat' Wyeth is my guess. His wrestling career just never took off but at least the boilersuit and hard hat costume still get carefully unwrapped and worn briefly when he feels like reminiscing.....;)

Caplan said:
Scott 'Crabmeat' Wyeth is my guess. His wrestling career just never took off but at least the boilersuit and hard hat costume still get carefully unwrapped and worn briefly when he feels like reminiscing.....;)

I can't belive you got it on the first shot!

Caplan said:
:ban:

-walker

How about, "Monkey bucaneers on Monkey bucanheads"? Ive always liked that name.

Back