A 6 pack of Naked City IIPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewtopia

"Greenwood Aged Beer"
Reaction score
hopocalypse 6 pack 002.jpg
Hopocalypse Now bottle label web.jpeg

Looking forward to the day I can pick up some at my local specialty store.

Looks pretty good! I think the layout for the type is a bit awkward in respects to looking at it dead on because of the curve of the bottle. That and the large space between Hopocalypse Now and Imperial IPA. I do like the format for your labels with the logo small and classy up top.

Looks great, BT! Is this your IIPA that you have posted in the recipe section?

So are you taking pre-orders now?

Looks great man.

Cheers

Originally posted by ohiobrewtus
Looks great, BT! Is this your IIPA that you have posted in the recipe section?

Yes. This is the Double Header Imperial IPA recipe.

I like the name, but unfortunately I see 2 issues.

1) Hopocalypse (not with the -now- part) is already a commercial brew.
http://www.cpbrewing.com/products.asp?cat=42&hierarchy=26|26

2) Like the label in the link above, I think if you're going to have a name Hopocalypse Now, it has to have a label that really strikes either the Apocalypse, or a reference to Vietnam or something. A bland pale label for something with that cool of a name just doesn't work.

That said, I like the label idea, just with a different name. :)

jezter6 said:
I like the name, but unfortunately I see 2 issues.

1) Hopocalypse (not with the -now- part) is already a commercial brew.
http://www.cpbrewing.com/products.asp?cat=42&hierarchy=26|26

2) Like the label in the link above, I think if you're going to have a name Hopocalypse Now, it has to have a label that really strikes either the Apocalypse, or a reference to Vietnam or something. A bland pale label for something with that cool of a name just doesn't work.

That said, I like the label idea, just with a different name. :)

Great label.
I think the name works. Not sure abou the font though.

Thanks for the link Jezter6. I like the label from Clay Pipe. I would argue that at 50 IBUs and 6% abv Hopocalypse may be a bit of an overstatement. However, that's coming someone from the NW where our pale ales clock in at at least 40 IBUs and most of our IPAs are up around 80. :D :rockin:

Brewtopia said:
Thanks for the link Jezter6. I like the label from Clay Pipe. I would argue that at 50 IBUs and 6% abv Hopocalypse may be a bit of an overstatement. However, that's coming someone from the NW where our pale ales clock in at at least 40 IBUs and most of our IPAs are up around 80. :D :rockin:

50IBU, 6% doesn't seem like it's in "Imperial" territory, especially in the PNW.

Yeah, to you NW guys, 50 may not be much. I'm not necessarily a fan of it either. Then again, I don't like DFH either. I used to be more of a hop head, but after working my own recipes, I like a flavor that commercial/craft brews just don't seem to go for. Too many go right after the hop heads and try to push the limits of bitterness.

Brewtopia said:

Damn girly-men! I agree with ya BT, 50 IBUs and 6% is a solid pale ale for me.

Originally posted by jezter6

This was my tap handle label that I did last year to celebrate 15 years of homebrewing.
Hopacalypse Now.jpegDSCN6701.JPG

I like it BT. Simple and effective.

I've had the Clay Pipe Pale Ale and it's certainly nothing to write home about. I'll try their hop-ocalypse if I ever see it, but their Pale Ale 'pales' in comparison to many other pale ales available.

The 2nd label looks great! How are you producing the labels?

Back