Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Sponsor Showcase > Sponsor Showcase > Black Friday Cool Brewing Fermentation Cooler Sale!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2012, 09:26 PM   #1
CoolBrewing
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 127

Default Black Friday Cool Brewing Fermentation Cooler Sale!

We say why wait until next week to have a black Friday Sale? Why not start now!

Cool Brewing is now offering 15% off fermentation coolers from now through November 30th!

Just use promo code “ Brewfri15 “

Happy Holidays!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 11:03 PM   #2
BrewerBear
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Not in the market for one at the moment,but I have heard good things and hope you get positive results with this sale.

Old 11-21-2012, 11:20 PM   #3
dk4
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

WOW! Ordered yesterday morning and it showed up at my door this afternoon!

Old 11-22-2012, 02:14 AM   #4
Golddiggie
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 473 Times on 418 Posts
Likes Given: 266

If it wasn't for the cool temperatures in the basement (where I now live) I'd be seriously looking into one.

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine
CoolBrewing Likes This 
Old 11-26-2012, 02:01 AM   #5
beeramateur
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Ordered mine yesterday. I'm pumped to get back into brewing! Not being able to control fermentation temps had be discouraged.

Old 11-26-2012, 05:03 PM   #6
bfinleyui
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Just placed an order. My poor cobbled together SoFC is going to feel so inadequate compared to this thing.

Conditioning: Russian Imperial Stout
On Deck: DIPA w/Heady Topper Yeast
CoolBrewing Likes This 
Old 11-30-2012, 01:03 AM   #7
CoolBrewing
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeramateur View Post
Ordered mine yesterday. I'm pumped to get back into brewing! Not being able to control fermentation temps had be discouraged.
Thank you! Glad we could help! Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or if we can help with anything else.

Cheers,

Old 11-30-2012, 01:08 AM   #8
Golddiggie
Recipes 

Here's a question for you about these... What's the tallest item that will go into one of these? Will a sanke keg, fitted with an airlock (or blow-off tube) fit? How well will it keep warm temperatures in? Such as fermenting in a 50-55F basement and wanting to increase the temperature of the fermenter a little, and hold it there.

Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 11-30-2012, 02:31 AM   #9
CoolBrewing
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddiggie View Post
Here's a question for you about these... What's the tallest item that will go into one of these? Will a sanke keg, fitted with an airlock (or blow-off tube) fit? How well will it keep warm temperatures in? Such as fermenting in a 50-55F basement and wanting to increase the temperature of the fermenter a little, and hold it there.
Good Questions! Our Fermentation Coolers are sized 21.5”X 26.5” (DxH) (inside). Snake Keg sizes can vary with the type of coupler used and airlock so I would recommend measuring yours with the airlock to see if it would have room with these dimensions.

Our Fermentation Cooler will insulate the heat just as well as the cold. We have tested with heat up to 115 degrees F for durability.

We have customers that ferment lagers in a fridge and use the natural heat generated from primary fermentation to raise the temperature and if needed add a warm bottle in the cooler to raise temperatures further.

See link to post for further information on this:
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f41/new-...ml#post4421298

Hope this helps!

Old 11-30-2012, 02:41 AM   #10
Golddiggie
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolBrewing View Post
Good Questions! Our Fermentation Coolers are sized 21.5”X 26.5” (DxH) (inside). Snake Keg sizes can vary with the type of coupler used and airlock so I would recommend measuring yours with the airlock to see if it would have room with these dimensions.

Our Fermentation Cooler will insulate the heat just as well as the cold. We have tested with heat up to 115 degrees F for durability.

We have customers that ferment lagers in a fridge and use the natural heat generated from primary fermentation to raise the temperature and if needed add a warm bottle in the cooler to raise temperatures further.

See link to post for further information on this:
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f41/new-...ml#post4421298

Hope this helps!
Snake kegs??? Sanke kegs hoss... Let me guess, you're using an iOS powered device (ipaddle, iphoney, etc.)

My 1/4 barrel SANKE keg, with airlock fitted needs about 30" of height, and 11" of width. I have a 50L keg that's a bit shorter, but full width (15" diameter).

I guess it really comes down to how well will they work when something needs more height than they default to. Is that 26.5" height pretty set, or will it not press down on the airlock on my keg?

Oh, and I really don't want to go through 200+ posts about this. Was just asking a [fairly] simple question. Since it's uncertain if it will actually work in this case, I'm not inclined to spend money on it. Especially when I can make something from Reflectix to insulate the fermenters when needed. I already have that material on hand, so it's just a matter of cutting and taping it together. <30 minutes worth of work total (more like half that).

Update... Just cut what was needed off the roll of Reflectix I have on hand for one of the sanke fermenters. Took not even 15 minutes to cut the two pieces (one to go over the top, the other around it) and secure it to the keg. I'll be checking it in the morning to see how well it holds the temperature.

Fermenting
K1:

Quick Reply