Yeast Starter Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IBUPIMP

Reaction score
I successfully made my first starter about 36 hours ago and had planned on brewing later today. However the weather has gone south (go figure I live in Wisconsin) and I am rethinking my plan. Do I need to worry if I back off brew day until tomorrow??

I successfully made my first starter about 36 hours ago and had planned on brewing later today. However the weather has gone south (go figure I live in Wisconsin) and I am rethinking my plan. Do I need to worry if I back off brew day until tomorrow??

No, that's fine. If the starter is finished, you could even stick it in the fridge overnight and pour off the spent wort in the morning. Take it out of the fridge, pour off the spent wort, and allow it to warm up to pitching temps while you brew.

Great, thats kind of what I was thinking but wanted to ask "those in the know" just to be safe.

Thanks!!

You can stick it in the fridge for up to a week or so. As Yooper said, decant to just above the yeast cake, give a good swirl. Let it warm up a bit, then pitch.

I have left starters in the fridge for over a week when plans changed and no worries.

Latest posts

Back