What equip do i rrally need?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benzy4010

Reaction score
I have: mash tun, two buckets w lids and airlocks, auto siphon, some bottles. Want to donfive gallon batches.

I would get a brew pot that is 7.5 gallons MINIMUM. A hydrometer is an absolute must have for all grain brewing. A bottling bucket with a bottle filling wand is also pretty crucial.

I am sure there are a few more things you need but it is late and my brain is not working 100%!

I say if you have all that and a capper, bottling bucket and a hydrometer. Then you should be good for a batch. Also temp strips for your fermentor would be good.

I also added spigots to all my fermenters & bottling buckets. Makes life easier. & blow off tubes made to fit the height of the fermenters with half gallon liquor jugs as well. Good things to have at the ready.

Kettle big enough to boil 8 gallons ish.

Capper, Hydrometer, Caps, Star San, some Tubing, and I'd also throw in a bottling wand. Maybe a bottling bucket with a spigot. Some of these can save you some real headaches when transferring beer between buckets and bottles.

So a ten gallon turkey fryer? Are digital thermometers good?

Digital thermometers are pretty common. I'm looking at the SS guage type with the 12" probe that clips onto the BK.

Latest posts

Back