URGENT help needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akillys

Reaction score
Started my brew and realized the shop sent me wrong hops I have Northeren brew and hallertu I needed cascade and willomet can i use any of the hops I have I'm brewing now.

Used 1/2 oznorthern brewer as bittering hops and using 1 oz of helatur for flavoring hops. I read halitor is spicy and its a ginger beer so why the hell not

You made a good choice. Any hops are good. A true emergency is no yeast and no way to get it for days or something. What did you brew?

The Ginger ale the dragon tail posted. Its my first brew so I paniced but I decided to look up the hop profiles to see what I could do in a pinch.

akillys said:
The Ginger ale the dragon tail posted. Its my first brew so I paniced but I decided to look up the hop profiles to see what I could do in a pinch.

Well done. Way to keep a level head and not panic.

Thank you, I'll see how it turns out. And I did panic lol, I just got my whits about me really quickly. I first looked at this hop substitutions site http://www.brew365.com/hop_substitution_chart.php to see if I had any that could be subbed and realized that I didn't. So I used this website http://beeradvocate.com/beer/101/hops/ to look at hop profiles and see what I could use. I hope it turns out alright, my fingers are crossed.

Relax in the end it will be beer, perhaps not what you started out to make,, but beer none the less...

In a few weeks (say 8 or more) you'll be drinking your creation and trying to figure out how to make more.

You made a good choice. Any hops are good. A true emergency is no yeast and no way to get it for days or something. What did you brew?

Even that isn't really an emergency since you can keep your wort covered and chilled until you get some.

I think the only true emergency is that it is brew day and you have no beer to drink while you brew and are unable to get any (as in your in Indiana on a Sunday).

The ginger ale Dragon tail posted in the spice beer recipe forum.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

So fare it tasted well. I feel like aan idiot though I measured og and it was 1.500 the problem was it was only 2 gallons because it was a partial boil. One I added 3 mite gallons of water og was at 1.050 which isn't bad. The target og was 1.052. I felt like a moron one I realized my mistake lol. All ifs good now though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

Back