Simcoe/Amarillo blend for DH

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjl110

Reaction score
I just got done fermenting 10 gal of a hoppy blond that turned out pretty good. Something hoppy that you can drink 6 of by the pool without falling off your lounge chair :) I think I am going to leave 5 gallons as is and DH the other five. Before when I've dryhopped I've stuck with the same hops as I used in the kettle, this time I'd like to try and make the nose a little different than the taste. I like most of the Simcoe/Amarillo beers that I've had, so that seems like the answer to me. So here is the question:

In what proportion do you guys like to use those hops? Just 1:1? I was thinking that Simcoe seems stronger to me than Amarillo, so maybe I should up the Amarillo (like 1:1.5)? Thoughts? Cheers! :mug:

PS - I'm thinking 2-3 oz total dryhop, but I'd like to keep the Simcoe to an ounce (or at least a round number) since I only have ounce packets.

Those hops do work very well together. If you want more pine, use more simcoe. More citrus, up the amarillo. Either way it will be awesome!

Latest posts

Back