Should I be concerned?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJtarheel

Reaction score
This past Friday, 1/28, I brewed my first batch, a malt extract American Ale kit. I have been reading that the wort is aerated prior to pitching the yeast. Well, I aerated after pitching the yeast. Is this OK? My airlock was bubbling away the second and third day fairly vigorously. Today, Monday, it has slowed down considerably, about 1 bubble per minute. The wort is in a bucket, kept in the dark at ~ 65 degrees +. Should I re-pitch the yeast or just let it go???? Thanks to all for your advice.

You can aerate before or after pitching. As long as you aerate before fementation starts and not when it's done you'll be fine. Let it be for a week or two before you start peeking.

You can read about other folks' concerns, see how they match up with yours, the questions they ask -Here - the regular Beginners Brew Forum - this place is more for announcements - like from the owner telling us that the iphone app is ready -

However- that said - everything sounds Normal! - let it sit for 3 -4 more weeks, bottle it, let it sit another 3 and you'll have magic in a bottle that YOU made!

Latest posts

Back