The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Severely alcohol; Green beer the cause?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2012, 02:56 PM   #11
Brewcrew02
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper

That's completely inappropriate. This forum is not a place where that is "funny". Please refrain from posting like that again in the brewing forum. No off topic posts are allowed in the brewing area, and that's inappropriate anyway. Thanks.
Inappropriate or not I was not off topic.

But to appease the sensitive, here's the main bullet-point of my previous presentation:

Better to have a lower ambient room temp (and some blankets for the GF) than ferm at room temps too high.

"Gave my 500ml Pacman starter that I made last night a hug and wished it a good day before I headed off to work. He's growing up so fast!! Will be a 2liter starter by Saturday and will probably start ignoring me, think he knows it all and end up knocking up some skanky belgain strain before I know it." ~BigTerp

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2012, 03:40 PM   #12
Trokair
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
That's completely inappropriate. This forum is not a place where that is "funny". Please refrain from posting like that again in the brewing forum. No off topic posts are allowed in the brewing area, and that's inappropriate anyway. Thanks.
The language may have been a bit off color but I personally found it funny and on topic. Just saying.

Also, I've had ales up to 75 F in primary that came out with some heavy booze presence at bottling but it all aged out after a month and the beer turned out great.

Good beer is a thing worth striving for. Mistakes will be made, but rest assured that the end result is well worth the effort.

Old 10-11-2012, 04:49 PM   #13
WileECoyote
Naked Brew !
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 148 Times on 119 Posts
Likes Given: 226

Hello, there are lots of yeast fermenting temp options available, swamp coolers work great, but if you want to ferment at 70 to 75 deg, up to 95 deg, I would recommend looking at brewing a saison, just another option is all.

Cheers

WileECoyote
Naked Brew

Bartender Ill have what the gentleman on the floor is drinking.

I have spent more $ on brewing equipment than my truck cost!

Green beer sucks, let it age/condition/finish and become great before drinking it. WileECoyote

Good/Great beer takes time! if you want a quick beer go to the store or bar!

Things come and go. Good beer will live on for ever ! WileECoyote

Old 10-12-2012, 05:54 PM   #14
Skullfingr
Recipes 

Likes Given: 31

With the cooler weather lately, I don't see how the beer was 80F (6+ degrees hotter than the ambient). With a five gallon bucket, a container bigger than that sounds expensive and rolling ice every 12 hours sounds painstakingly annoying. There has to be a better way. My other beer before this was probably warmer and didn't wind up tasting like this.

Maybe I just shouldn't brew. :/

"Beer is both the cause, and the solution, to all of life's problems." - H. Simpson

Old 10-12-2012, 06:01 PM   #15
JordanThomas
Recipes 

Liked 80 Times on 76 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullfingr View Post
With the cooler weather lately, I don't see how the beer was 80F (6+ degrees hotter than the ambient). With a five gallon bucket, a container bigger than that sounds expensive and rolling ice every 12 hours sounds painstakingly annoying. There has to be a better way. My other beer before this was probably warmer and didn't wind up tasting like this.

A swamp cooler and 4-5 2-liter bottles is a really cheap and easy way to keep your beer cool for the first 3 days. Use 2 frozen bottles in an ice bath at a time, 3 in the freezer. Swap them out every 12 hours or so. It's not hard.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #16
Whattawort
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 98 Times on 84 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullfingr View Post

Just brew the beers that like high temps. I think Wile suggested a Saison. Most abbey ales and wit/wheat beers do really well at over 70. And to be perfectly honest, changing out a few bottles once or twice a day isn't that hard. If you care about the beer, you'll do what's best. And this is coming from one of the world's laziest guys.

Bottled - Swamp Water Mead
Kegged - Ryerish Red
Fermenting - Plinius Maior

“For a quart of Ale is a dish for a king.”
― William Shakespeare

JordanThomas Likes This 

Quick Reply