Raspberry hefeweizen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strat6255

Reaction score
I got the clone kit from austin homebrew for the harpoon ufo hefeweizen. I wanted to make it a raspberry hefeweizen like harpoon also makes. I was going to add fresh rasp in the secondary. I'm not really sure on how much raspberries to add. I want the flavor to be noticeable, but not overpowering.

I just did a raspberry golden belgian that I tasted last night after taking a reading and it turned out REALLY good, even SWMBO liked it- warm and flat. I used 1.5 lbs of frozen store bought raspberries (with no sugar added), thawed and pasteurized them with 8oz of water on the stove at 160 degrees for 20 minutes. Then cooled this, added to secondary and racked 4 gallons on top.

The raspberry aroma and flavor is very subtle which was my goal as I don't like really fruity beers. If you want a stronger fruit flavor I'd use at least 3 lbs.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back