Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Pitched Yeast and I am afraid that the temp was too high...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2012, 03:10 AM   #1
CrypticFury
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Pitched Yeast and I am afraid that the temp was too high...

I pitched my Safale S40 at 95F. I know that it is high. Does anyone know if that is the temp at which the yeast will die? I tried searching online and got conflicting answers.

Thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2012, 04:20 AM   #2
helibrewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 227 Times on 199 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrypticFury View Post
I pitched my Safale S40 at 95F. I know that it is high. Does anyone know if that is the temp at which the yeast will die? I tried searching online and got conflicting answers.

Thanks.
No, the yeast won't die. Normal rehydration temperature for dry yeast is 104F. Your problems will begin if fermentation begins that high....you really want those ales fermenting in the high 60's

Primary:
Brite Tank/Lagering:
Kegged: Hefeweizen, Chocolate Hazelnut Porter, Kumquat Saison, Tart Cherry Cider, Belgian Tripel, Maibock Bock, Ommegang Abbey Ale Clone, Belgian Golden Strong, German Pils (WLP830)
Bottled: Belgian Quad (Grand Reserve), Derangement (Belgian Dark Strong)
On Deck:
My Site: www.restlesscellars.com

Old 10-18-2012, 04:38 AM   #3
basilchef
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrypticFury

Thanks.
Close, but you should be fine. Get that temp down asap.

Quick Reply