A Night of Mixed Emotions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halvey

Reaction score
Well I had to dump out a lager (my second batch) that tasted like poo. :(

But I'm bottling a strong ale AND a stout- and both of them are good! :rockin:

...I just had to share with somebody. :tank:

Seems like the most common reason a Lager is ruined is because of improper or uncontrolled fermentation temperatures. This may or may not have been the case with your beer, but that's the stats.

As Limited Visibility asked, do you know why your lager was ruined? Could it have been a recipe issue, the quality of your ingredients, an infection, or temperature problems? If you do know, please do post it here. It could help another brewer down the line.

Anyway, glad to hear your high-grav and your stout turned out well. Hope you enjoy the hell out of 'em when you crack the seals in 3+ weeks.

The lager was a diacetyl bonanza. I tried to brew a dark Negro Modelo-ish lager and had no idea what I was doing. It fermented WAY too hot. I knew it was going to be crappy but I still went through the whole lagering process with it just for the practice.

Live and Learn....

Back