For New Brewers Wanting Practice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonRibbens

Reaction score
I saw a post earlier today about helping out new brewers, and it inspired me to do the same thing. I got an Irish Red extract kit with dry yeast from Northern Brewer intended for another mailing address. When I called to fix the glitch, they told me to just keep the kit it and enjoy it. So, in the spirit of beer providence, I want to pass this free kit onto a new budding brewer that would like to get some more extract brews under their belt. Here is how it will work, I will look at the responses to this thread, and all users that say they are interested I will look at their profiles and posts to see if they are actual noobs, not just the freeloaders. Those names will be thrown into a hat and I will pick one out. I will take responses until Sunday afternoon. I know, it's not the most scientific and transparent method, but hey, it's providential, right? I will ship it to you as soon as I get a chance, no cost to you.

Enjoy

Hey I'm very interested, i know you mentioned the part about number of posts etc, I don't post on forums a lot, just like to use them for info, and try finding my question before making same topic. I've done 4 kits so far (doing 5 this weekend) would love more to try!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Irish red is on my list for future brew, I'm a very green belly button in the brewing world, my first 2 batch still in the primary. I just keep buying stuff left and right to get good equipment. On the other hand I have a decent job and can afford it, so I hope you find someone that really need it. It is very generous on your part to pass it on, cudo to you! Hope this end in a really needy hand.

I have done 3 batches (1 I am drinking, 1 I bottled this week, and 1 in primary). I would love to do a few more extract batches to get my process down before hopefully trying all grain later this year. I have been thinking about getting the Irish Red kit because it just sounds good with the grilling and smoking I plan to do if it ever warms up.

BTW, this is really cool of you whoever you choose.

That's an awesome thing of you to do! I've brewed 2 batches so far, I'd love to be entered in your giveaway :D

Just chiming in that this is a COOL thing to do.
Might I suggest that whomever is gifted with this should pay you back with some of the beers mailed right back to you.

The Irish red from NB was my first extract batch many years ago and still one of my favorites.

I'd like to be entered, I visit the forum a lot, it's one of the most useful tools I've made 4 batches so far, and I would love try yours, I've never made a beer before, I've made hard ciders and wine, so if I were to get this beer kit, it would be another 1st for me! Thanks in advance

Im looking for a 4th batch!! My luck is I just got hit with $900 medical bill for my 2 year old. So that brew will be out the door for a while.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

Brewkinger!!! "Might I suggest that whomever is gifted with this should pay you back with some of the beers mailed right back to you."

Great Idea!!! I would definitly be willing to return a 6 pack or 2.

Sweet idea. I have my first batch of Caribou Slobber in bottles. I am going to brew a hoppy wheat in the next couple of weeks.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Home Brew mobile app

This is a great offer. I have friend that I am trying to get into brewing and I just helped him bottle his first yesterday. I'm gonna refer him to this thread.

How nice of you! Please count me in! I have my first batch of American Amber Bock in the bottles now. I would love to try a different brew soon.

I've done a total of about 12-15 brews and switched to all grain a while ago. So I'm not interested in the kit, I Just wanted to say this is really cool.

I have to say, if this happened to me I would probably use it myself (sometimes it's nice to have a short brew day) or give it to my cousin who is new to brewing. Not because I'm a selfish ass (I don't personally think so anyway), but because this wouldn't occur to me. Again - very cool.

Well, hell, I'll throw my name in the hat. Just started brewing in November. I've got three 5 gallon batches in bottles and another fermenting now. I've also done a few 1 gallon brews to try out new styles. I've thought of doing the NB Irish red kit. After all, I am of Irish descent and, although my hair is brown, I do have a tinge of red in my beard (I always say that's my Irish side coming out).

I think what you're doing is what more should, passing it forward. Not only with free stuff, but with what this sites brings, knowledge.

Oh. and please throw my name in the hat.... please

I'd like to throw my name in the hat. I've never done 5 gallon batch, just a mr beer kit. But my gf just bought me a stainless steel turkey fryer. So I'm ready to do a real kit👍

I would suggest if someone is local you give it to them to save the shipping. You might contact your local homebrew club. I went to my first meeting and there were 3 of us that were new. If you are really shipping I will throw my hat in the ring. I have 2 all grain 1 gallon batches I did as the go for with my sons. I just did my first batch by myself on tuesday and am planning on posting my observations soon.

I am very new to brewing, I have only brewed twice, once a few years ago and last weekend. I will be taking a class on being the 15th. And would like to brew my own batch in a couple of weeks. I just ordered one piece of equipment needed to help brew. I ordered a 10 gallon pot. And will have more equipment on our before my class. If I qualify please count me in

Thank you,

Koby

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

Just wanted to say that it is a cool offer. I am so new that this is my first post. My first batch has only been in the fermenter less than a day. It is an Irish red as well. Good luck to who ever gets the kit. I'd send a couple bottles if it me.

Ian

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

jmarkus. I will PM you for you address.

I really enjoyed doing this, there were as many veterans 'Like'ing the idea beering if forward as there were people wanting to be selected. I might have to cull out some of my unused equipment and do some more.

Oops too late! Cool offer!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

Everything good must come to an end. Anyone wany to buy some equipment?

I applaud your generosity, good job! I can only hope whoever wins the contest, will pay it forward. Who knows, this might turn into a long running gift exchange. Maybe in your honor too.

Back