Muntons old ale kit.. botteling question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Villo08

Reaction score
Hello all

im a noob when it comes to beer. i have only made one batch so far of English bitter and it worked fine.. now im doing a Muntons old ale kit... but i see that on the can it states that i should NOT add priming sugar when bottling the beer, last batch i used dextrose.. but im not sure if i should use it this time or follow the instructions to just bottle the beer with our priming sugar..

i appreciate the response beforehand

thanks much

The "as is" is referring to brewing the kit as it is. This will brew 12 UK pints.

The part of the instructions, that refers to not adding additional sugars, is for other kits which called for a kilo of dextrose or a kilo of brew enhancer to produce a batch of 19 to 23 liters.

You will need to add the priming sugar for bottle carbonating the Old Ale, the same as with any other beer.

yea idk how they expect you to carbonate the beer if you don't add priming sugar when bottling... You have to add some kind of food for the yeast to eat to get those happy little bubbles!

Latest posts

Back