Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > I'm going to skip starting with extract and start with all-grain

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2012, 12:47 PM   #61
jetmac
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Resurecting an old thread I know but.....

After starting AG 19 month's ago(skipping extract and everything in between) I was able to place 2nd in category 10 in the first round of the NHC at the Atlanta judging center.

So, I just wanted to let all the naysayers and those contemplating where to start, you can start your brewing hobby with AG.

But, you must ask alot of questions and read alot and watch brewing videos.

Thanks to everyone that has answered any question I ever had(and will have in the future) HBT is a great community.

Wayne Gretzky-"100% of the shots you don't take, don't go in

Revvy>>You shouldn't worry about ANYTHING, you didn't hurt the yeast, they know what they need to do, they want to eat all that sugar they are swimming around in. They want to pee alcohol and fart co2, it's their nature.

Bobby_M>>I flood the keg with CO2 for one minute with the lid off, rack the beer in to the bottom gently, seal it, flood it, vent it. If there's still O2 in there after that, F it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply