Hefeweizen brew day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EatWell

Reaction score
Ask this question to you all for my last two brews and received unmeasurable knowledge, son thanks for the people than helped. Now I looking for some more! I am brewing a hefeweizen today, anything different or important when brew this type of beer?

If you're brewing all grain getting a stuck mash or spare can be a problem - depending on the percentage of wheat to barley you're using. Some people use rice hulls to help create a better grain bed filter, but when I get a stuck mash, I just dump it all out into a bucket, blow some air thru the MLT hose, dump it back in to the MLT and drain very slowly.

Yeast is a beast. Will take off and ferment like nothing you have seen before. As said. Use a blowoff tube or your top will pop.

Special Hops said:
Yeast is a beast. Will take off and ferment like nothing you have seen before. As said. Use a blowoff tube or your top will pop.

Definitely do this! I had a three piece airlock in my carboy and when I came home from work the following day I had a mess from the airlock and stopper blowing out!

Latest posts

Back