The HARDEST part of home brewing.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruno24

Reaction score
I made an Irish Red Ale for my first batch of home brew and it tastes excellent. The hardest part of home brewing is I want family and friends to try it to get feedback but, I don't want to share and give up my scrumptious nector from the gods. The few that tried it loved it...now I only have a case left !

Yeah, I gave up way too much of my first batch. I am being more stingy now. Perhaps once I have a continuous pipeline going I will become more giving again.

Watching my boxes empty out is very depressing. :(

I have found that the hardest part is waiting for the beer to be ready. Not drinkable, ready.

I agree with the OP. My family likes the beer I make and then get upset when It runs out, confused why I don't have more, but balk at giving me money to buy more kits to brew more. Because you know, homemade = free.

Ha. buy more vessels and brew weekly.this will end the waiting.eventually.

I'm almost done drinking my first batch, just a few 22 oz bombers left. Oh well, I have 2 others ready to drink now, one bottle conditioning, and another batch to bottle this week. I'm going to get another batch going, something wheat, that I can bottle before I get some vacation time in.

I NEVER get the bottles back!!!!!

I have stopped giving beers to people who don't return my bottles. I specifically ask people to give me the bottles back. I am in Libya and to get new beer bottles I have to buy non-alcoholic Becks. So obtaining beer bottles here is neither free nor enjoyable. At least in the US acquiring bottles can be fun.

what I hate the most?

-waiting, for anything fermentation, bottle conditioning etc.
-trying to find bottles without paying for them or hoping to get them back.

and truthfully the above aren't that bad, but it can't all be perfect. Somehow though I could save all that trouble with a kegerator, I still can't pull the trigger... yet.

Latest posts

Back