Girlfriend of a brewer-to-be. I need your advice!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For a beginner's first brew, I'd allow 4-5 hours. That should give him enough time to learn the equipment, read a few things, and then brew. I'd highly recommend a stove-top extract kit for the first brew. Less mess, less time, easy to follow, difficult to ruin...yada yada yada. If he gets hooked, like the many of us, watch out...you might have to share his heart with his brew hobby. My wife still loves me!

Except the vast majority of CPAs don't dopersonal income tax returns, or returns at all for that matter.that's what HR block is for

Really?? Then what the hell have I been doing for the last 16 years of my life. Has this just been some weird Inception like dream? :confused:

Really?? Then what the hell have I been doing for the last 16 years of my life. Has this just been some weird Inception like dream? :confused:

So you're the majority of CPA's now? :tank: ;)

Most CPA's are auditors, corporate tax accountants, or managerial accountants, which is why the IRS introduced the PTIN system for "paid tax preparers" Because the IRS had no idea who these people were that were doing returns.

I'm not trying to knock anybody down for that, it's obviously still a great career and great use of a CPA. As a CPA i'm sure you're not the seasonal hr block employee I was referring to.

It's just a pet peeve of mine, when every april I'm asked how tax season is going because I'm a auditor. (and right now chances are whoever is reading this will probably think I work for the IRS!)

Just messing with ya drRob. :mug: (Some days I wish this was just a dream.)

:off: I do mainly corporate tax work, but most of my clients are small business, so we do their 1040's as well, plus high net worth clients. You are right in that most people assume that all CPA's do tax work.

He'll be fine. I work 6 days a week and 14 hour days. I still make time to brew every other weekend and manage a fairly active social life. Everyone likes hanging out with the guy who always shows up with delicious homemade beers!

Back