First time brewing question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fiefa

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first post hopefully many more to come, but I have a question about home brewing.

I picked up a festa Kit and decided to give it ago, I put it into the fermenter but there was leftover so i put that in a bottle and forgot about it. A week past i found the bottle and went to open it but noticed it carbonated and fermented on its own without pitching any form of yeast into the bottle. Is this common or is this just a fluke?

Hello, this is my first post hopefully many more to come, but I have a question about home brewing.

I picked up a festa Kit and decided to give it ago, I put it into the fermenter but there was leftover so i put that in a bottle and forgot about it. A week past i found the bottle and went to open it but noticed it carbonated and fermented on its own without pitching any form of yeast into the bottle. Is this common or is this just a fluke?

I don't know if it is common as it has never happened to me. How did it taste? Would you serve it to a friend?

Surprisingly its pretty good but produced way too much of a head, the first pint was pure head, surprisingly it looks amazing though for something that was produced by accident.

If you didn't pitch yeast, and it still carbed, it must be bacterial or due to a wild yeast infection. Maybe someone else can poke a hole in this, but it makes sense to me. I'd keep an eye on the rest of your batch, unless, of course, you sanitized everything except the bottle for your extra.

Back