First time bottling homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msa8967

mickaweapon
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am just getting started into gathering materials for making my own home brew and I wanted to ask the experienced brewmasters out there about what type of bottles i should use. I have read that dark glass is the best in order to keep light out but I want to know anyone's opinion on using aluminum bottles? These will keep the light out but will being aluminum affect the taste of the beer?

Most people usually use brown pry off bottles. Clear and/or green bottles can be used but you have to be careful to keep them out of the light. Using twist offs is an often debated topic here, you can use them but you need a good capper. Aluminum bottles can also be used, though I never have. I don't think they'd have anymore effect on the taste of your homebrew than they have on the beer that was in them originally(which is basically no effect at all)

Welcome to the forum:mug:

yep, if you have a bench capper, you can use pretty much whatever kind of bottles you want. someone on here uses the aluminum ones with good success.

Latest posts

Back