did i mes up bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishrover32

Reaction score
so had a hectic day bottling it was my first time and i dont really have a system yet, but anyways wen i boiled my priming sugar/water i poured it straight into the bottling bucket then pretty much syphoned the beer over it while it was still hot did i screw up or is this acceptable?

Not much you can do about it now, huh? :D It'll be ok, I've done it both ways, can't say I've been able to notice a difference one way or the other but I do recommend cooling the priming solution before putting it in to the bottling bucket, to be safe.

Should be fine. That little bit of hot priming solution won't raise the temp of your brew. Carry on. Cheers!

You won't hurt the beer for sure. The temp got down to a manageable level very quickly once beer started mixing with it. The problem is leeching bad things out of the plastic bucket. I'm sure you'll be fine, but that is the reason you don't want to do it. That plastic isn't food grade at high temps, usually only up to about 140F. After that it can release bad things.

Back