Coopers Mexican Cerveza Concentrate Can

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edwardjls

Reaction score
Ok.. I have never used a coopers beer kit before, but I received my first today. As I opened up the package that it was mailed in, it was quickly evident that the postal service was anything but delicate while handling LOL Looks like somebody went postal on it LOL... My concern is, I see that there is a bold instruction to open the can on one side.. Unfortunately, the end that it recommends to be opened its really deformed and smashed in... What I am wondering is.. Will it cause me problems if I opened the opposite end of the can? Since I have never used a coopers kit... I can only assume that it is just a can of concentrate.. But unsure why it is important that the one specific end be designated for opening... So thanks in advance for the helpful info..

Ed :mug:

Only one end of the "can" can be opened with a standard crank style can opener. The other end is recessed deeper to hold the yeast sachet and instructions. That's all it means.

Open the can by whatever means you like. Just keep everything as sanitary as possible.

Word for the wiser, if you want to improve a Coopers kit use a quality yeast instead of the stuff from the kit. It makes a world of difference

Back