Carboy questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DocBrown

Reaction score
Hello,
I really hate to double post, but my questions over in the equipment forum weren't getting any traffic, and I'm otherwise ready to place an order so I can start brewing my next couple beers!

Anyway, here we go:
1) Can anyone tell me the full height of the 6-gallon better bottle carboy with a cap and 3-piece airlock on top? I'm trying to decide whether to order one and figure out if it will fit in my brewing closet.
2) I've seen pictures of red handles attached to the better bottles, but the carboy handles listed on AHS only mention glass carboys. Can I use one of those handles, or do I need to find something different for carrying the plastic carboys?

Thanks,
JB

My better bottle 6 gal (23 liter) carboy with bung and airlock is 25".

As far as handles go I'm not sure. Ive managed fine without them, but i don't have to move my carboys up or down stairs when full. I bet they make things easier, especially if you have to lug them from the garage or something.

:mug:

-Nick

Excellent. That's what I needed to know. My shelf is a bit over 28", but I need to put some insulation in there to keep it from getting too hot (garage is on the other side of the wall). From the pictures I've found it looks like the carboy caps will add an extra inch or two over the rubber stoppers, so I guess I'll go with the later for now. Many thanks!

JB

Back