Can I use this flask?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnrulyGentleman

Reaction score
Hey knowledgeable folks, just picked up this plastic 1000ml flask at my LHBS store and was thinking of using it to make a starter tonight (my first). They said they just found a place with a bunch of these and that they're originally used for labs and that the orange cap on top has a built-in HEPA filter. The bottom isn't flat, looks exactly like the bottom of a 2 liter soda bottle. Anyone see why I couldn't use this? (I'd post a pic, but can't seem to upload)

Hey knowledgeable folks, just picked up this plastic 1000ml flask at my LHBS store and was thinking of using it to make a starter tonight (my first). They said they just found a place with a bunch of these and that they're originally used for labs and that the orange cap on top has a built-in HEPA filter. The bottom isn't flat, looks exactly like the bottom of a 2 liter soda bottle. Anyone see why I couldn't use this? (I'd post a pic, but can't seem to upload)

I would think as long as they are in good shape, just sanitize and let it roll.

Back