can bottles be sanitized then stored for an extended period of time?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wing_nut

Reaction score
I have about 150 Grolsch swing tops bottles to sanitized. Can they all be sanitized then closed up to remain sanitized for an extended period of time, meaning weeks a a month or 2...not years. I figured at bottling time I would just swirl the cap/neck in a pail of sanitizer just before bottling.

You should be fine as long as you keep them shut and swirl just a little of the sanitizer around on bottling day like you suggested, never hurts to take precautions.

I usually prep 4 cases of bottles at a time. I rinse, santize, then place paper towels inside beer case boxes and invert the bottle. I just give them a quick splash of sanitizer and bottle. Cuts down on work during bottling day buts its obviously still the same amount of work overtime.

Thanks for the repsonces. It seemed to make sense that it woudl be ok. The beer is sealed in the bottles for a while. Well... not too long aorund here:drunk:

Back