Brewing things you CAN do, but SHOULDN'T...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesefood

Reaction score
1. Use a burner indoors or a poorly ventilated area.
2. Use table sugar.
3. Put hot wort in a glass carboy.
4. Keep your burner running while using a chiller (Bird!).
5. Use bleach as a no-rinse sanitizer.
6. Allow your pet anywhere near your wort.
7. Pitch dry yeast without creating a starter.
8. Use bread yeast.
9. Wait a few minutes to clean up a boil-over from the stove.
10. Use old ingredients.

I'm going to quibble with one of those....

#7. No starters for dry yeast. Not needed at all. Or did you mean "rehydrate"? Or did you mean "liquid"?

14. Start a siphon by simply sucking on the end of the racking hose. (I've done it without problem, but know that I shouldn't.)

15. Ferment a high OG beer with an airlock, expecially in a closet near SWMBO's clothes.
16. Get on this forum ans ask "how to boost the ABV in my beer"

22. Pitch on the yeast cake without a blowoff tube.
2113-small_0464.jpg

hialtitude said:
23. Brew without a beer in hand.
Actually I like to brew in the mornings so I generally have a few cups of coffee for brewing.
I like to have a beer after everything is done to remind me why I do all the work:D

Dan

That's why I use one of those beer hats. Then use the tube as my racking cane. wait, should that be number 24?

24. Brew swill because it is what your friends like to drink. No use wasting your valuable time and fermenter space/bottles brewing garbage. If they like Budweiser so much they can go buy it.

26. Have a close look as you remove the airlock to replace it with a blow off tube when the fermenting wort is filling it.

27. Turn the water on to your wort chiller and then talk to your next door neighbor without checking to make sure the discharge hose hasn't hopped out of the sink.

Exception: If your kitchen floor really needs a good cleaning.

Back