All grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-pdiddy-

Reaction score
I have been brewing for about 7 years off and on and am ready to try all grain. What is the minimum equip I will need to try it. I am happy with my extract kits but want to step it up. Any good u- tube videos on how too also would be appreciated.

If you don't want to do BIAB, you need a cooler to hold the grain while it mashes, and some form of false bottom / screen to the drain spigot. Oh, and a big spoon helps too for stirring. There are good guides online on how to do AG, though I have no links handy. Best of luck to you though!

Perhaps my next AG batch I will do a "how-to" video. Could be a really fun project!

Wow, I have been brewing for.......3 weeks. And already have the itch to try all grain! been trolling around here, like an addict for awhile. And watching all the online videos I can find. All grain doesn't seem all that difficult. Although, obviously, my knowledge of all the different grains and flavors they impart and what each will contribute to a brew is extremely minimal. Would it make since to jump into all grain and stick with tried and true recipes to get the process down. I wouldn't think of trying to put together a recipe of my own at this point. Maybe the question is - "how did all you vetrans get started and when did you make the switch to all grain, if that isn't where you started?"
This place is a wealth of useful info!

Back