6 Gallon Carboy of for Belgian Wit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kriso77

Reaction score
I'm going to be doing a Belgian Wit beer from a mini mash kit I got through Austin Home Brew. Would it be ok to use a 6 gallon carboy as my primary? I hear these beers can get pretty active during fermentation. I can easily put a blowoff hose on it. If 6 gallons is too small, I'll go with a 6.5 gallon bucket, but I'd like to be able to see all the action.

Thanks!

Well, you'll get some blowoff and that's OK. Just don't try a 3/8" hose.. you gotta go big. Also, you can run your blowoff hose straight up for a while so you don't lose as much. If you can keep your temps just under 70F, you'll control the activity to some degree.

PS: I'm in Philly tonight on biz.. I'm gonna check out Nodding Head. Any good?

Nodding Head is great. Even better, go around the corner to Monks and ask for the Beer Bible. They are both owned by the same people. They have have 300 beers from around the world, and their steamed mussels are amazing.

www.monkscafe.com

Latest posts

Back